Another Extra Day

Paul_B

Just a reminder that next year Spring Bank will be a bit later but we'll have an extra days holiday :)

Spring Bank Holiday June 4 Diamond Jubilee Holiday June 5

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

All the cc sites will be fully booked from the 2nd of december so no change there then

kot

pigs

If it is later I hope it has stopped raining in Wales (Flaming June) so I can make another visit. :rolleyes:

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

We shall be in France as it falls in the middle of our four week trip!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

I really can't see why we persist with this Bank Holiday malarkey.

Masses of people all going away to the same places at the same time and returning at the same time,barmy.

Surely in the 21st century we can come up with something better than this.

For a start just give people extra days off when they want them not when someone else says so.

Ian

What's a bank holiday :huh: I sadly work for a company that shuts down for only 3 days a year. .....even then it doesn't shut down completly. I receive a suppliment for working bank holidays but if I'm rostered on, I have to work it :(

Diefer

" I sadly work for a company that shuts down for only 3 days a year"

I used to work for a company that never closed. ..but I personally didn't work 365/365. ..but worked the majority of Christmases and bank holidays.(HM Forces)

We should sometimes remember that most of us caravanners are extremely lucky (OK most have worked hard over the years but so have many less well off)...many people haven't got jobs at all (I know some don't want one but most do)...and even more have jobs that wouldn't support caravanning.

I'm now very happily retired but still enjoy bank holidays as it is a time when many of my working mates (who are supporting my gold plated pension)(TIC) can get a break and those with kids at school can also holiday with us.

With a bit of planning, traffic jams can be avoided and there are a plethora of places that are not over busy even during bank holidays. ..need to plan journey times.

I,ve also been self employed and oft used bank holidays to sort out the paperwork. ..sometimes in the caravan whilst the family enjoyed their break.

Horses for courses eh!

As for the weather, despite many forecasts weather at bank holidays isn't any better or worse than the surrounding weeks generally, we have never been prevented enjoying ourselves due to bad weather. When we want to guarantee relatively good weather, we take the van or fly abroad.

FWIW, we have already begun planning our groups' activities for the extended break and I'll all but guarantee those attending will have a stressfree time and more day-after headaches than normal, interspersed with a deal of walking (over many a mile of countryside as well as to an' from t'pub). To those in the armed,public and utilities services who do HAVE to work. ..a massive thank you.

Relaxing should be a positive experience and it is all too easy to talk ourselves into the negative aspects.

Archived