Sign in to follow this  
Dougb

3 Mobile Coverage And Service

Hi I am looking to change on to 3 mobile network Phone offers seem fantastic,But I know in the past the coverage was not as good as other Networks. 3 are claiming they have spent 80 million upgrading their Network. any feedback good or bad welcome.

Regards

Doug

I don't know about 3's coverage but I've just changed to Tesco. They state they cover 99% of the UK

(They use the O2 network). The SIM only contract is £10 per month with 500 mins and 5000

texts (Even my daughter can't use that many texts!!!). You do have to buy a phone, but these days

they're as cheap as chips. Mine was £30.

Marc.

Hi I am looking to change on to 3 mobile network Phone offers seem fantastic,But I know in the past the coverage was not as good as other Networks. 3 are claiming they have spent 80 million upgrading their Network. any feedback good or bad welcome.

Regards

Doug

I am on the 3 network and have had no problems with coverage for both phone and internet. Also worked well in Europe through partner companies.

All providers work well when roaming as they partner with just about all the networks abroad. In the uk 3 can be poor in some locations. I have been on 3 for some years now but looking to move away to voda or o2 for better coverage.

I am on the 3 network and have had no problems with coverage for both phone and internet. Also worked well in Europe through partner companies.

Thanks for the quick reply I am a little reassured now

All providers work well when roaming as they partner with just about all the networks abroad. In the uk 3 can be poor in some locations. I have been on 3 for some years now but looking to move away to voda or o2 for better coverage.

Hi thanks for that, are you using mobile internet via your phone? I believe that 3 use orange network for voice calls and their own network for 3G high speed (internet calls)

I am with Three for both mobile and dongle coverage.

I do not think I have been anywhere where the phone would not work, but sometimes in rural areas, the dongle is out of the window to get internet reception. The only place I have failed to connect to the net was at the CCC Blackmore. That a couple of years ago though so there might have been a new transmitter or what ever they use.

Russell

I find 3 dongle with 3meter usb lead to hang dongle from heiki roof light gives 5 bars signal strength and as fast as i get at home.

I have recently been checking the coverage each of the main networks offer with a view to moving from Vodafone. I've done this by simply visiting their sites and seeing what they claimed on a map of the UK. All cover the towns very well and most offer phone and 3G coverage across all urban areas. When it comes to the rural parts of the country, however, the situation is different and if that is important to you then it is well worth bearing in mind and looking further into. The 3 network, which I agree offers some attractive deals, does not seem to have the rural coverage that its rivals offer. For that reason I don't think I'd choose it. The others are all very similar

Someone recently recommended 'GiffGaff' which uses the O2 network. Prices are very very reasonable on pay as you go

Used to be with 3 Mobile and as previously stated do some very good bargain basement deals. 3 coverage was very good in built up areas but in the more rural parts of Scotland was practically non- existent even though they said they piggy back on to other providers. changed to Orange and have had no problems so far.

Grumpy Auld Smeesh. ........... :angry:

Ace Jubilee Statesman . ........Jaguar S Type 2. 7d SE Auto Sport . .........

I am with 3 and Vodafone. Both have their poor patches which in both cases are now limited to rural areas or obviously within some buildings.

The "3" is my primary phone/mobile internet access provider and I am very happy with it certainly cost wise. I don't find it "overall" lacking on coverage relative to Vodafone particularly on 3G [data carrying] and its very rare not to get a 2G voice/text signal.

Where I cant get a viable "3" 3G signal I try the Vodafone and sometimes that works where "3" does not; I dont doubt this situation happens in reverse, where Vodafone does not work "3" might well?

I would not change from "3" as its data cost are on my package excellent; If I only needed a "phone" facility as a "backup" then as my wife does I would have a dirt cheap Tesco phone piggybacking on "O2" to get a wide coverage choice. The reason not to recommend Vodafone as a "phone" backup choice is only a cost based one.

I am with 3 and Vodafone. Both have their poor patches which in both cases are now limited to rural areas or obviously within some buildings.

The "3" is my primary phone/mobile internet access provider and I am very happy with it certainly cost wise. I don't find it "overall" lacking on coverage relative to Vodafone particularly on 3G [data carrying] and its very rare not to get a 2G voice/text signal.

Where I cant get a viable "3" 3G signal I try the Vodafone and sometimes that works where "3" does not; I dont doubt this situation happens in reverse, where Vodafone does not work "3" might well?

I would not change from "3" as its data cost are on my package excellent; If I only needed a "phone" facility as a "backup" then as my wife does I would have a dirt cheap Tesco phone piggybacking on "O2" to get a wide coverage choice. The reason not to recommend Vodafone as a "phone" backup choice is only a cost based one.

But for many people having more than one phone is a bit of a nuisance!

Although not brilliant especially up in Norfolk with 3 my mobile is on O2 and that is far worse. The company I worked for switched from Orange to O2 and there was a distinct difference with poorer coverage. I also found O2 very slow to reconnect. 3 is 3G only, Vodafone will use GPRS if that is all that is available which although slow is enough for emails.

I have been in O2 for last 2 years no complaints other than couple flat spots

But boy 3 are great wished I changed long ago

All full service bars 3G speed wicked O2 would lag sometimes