New Buccaneers & Elddis Crusaders

Jocky

We we've just returned from the Great North Caravan Show at Catterick and were very impressed with the new models. We are not in the market for a new van and only went to see these new vans as we've got a 2011 Lunar Delta RS that we are really happy with :)

All I can say is they are the nicest looking vans on the market, really like the new front and GRP sides, pity they were not out last year or we'd have had one. The interiors are a vast improvement to the 2011 models, thats why we went for a Delta at last years NEC.

I think over the next 12months we'll see a few of these on the caravan sites and roads. :)

• 1 month later...

No replies yet :o others must have seen them in the flesh by now :)

Whats your thoughts on the new vans :blink:

Maybe they are all waiting out the hard times. Ready for the great Spring forward. ;)

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Friends of ours have just ordered the Buccaneer Clipper when we were at the NEC last week.

This is by far the best van we have seen and I for sure when we renew next year will be looking at this van.

Although Coachman are bringing out a van very soon with the same layout so worth a look to compare.

Hello

Thanks for the feedback. As you may have heard, sales at the Motorhome & Caravan Show at Birmingham NEC earlier this month showed a big increase in market share for Elddis and Buccaneer.

Sales on the Buccaneer range were up 67% on last October's show figures and sales this season so far has outstripped those for the WHOLE of last year. The Clipper was by far and away the most popular layout choice. Retailing at £27K+ and in a time where Customers are investing their money ever more cautiously, we see this as a real success story!

As to why you haven't seen many out on the road yet . .. well, the 'vans you saw at the NEC are our showvans. We are currently working flat out to build all the orders placed at NEC and at Retailers thereafter (thanks to our Price Freeze announcement) and Customer deliveries are scheduled from November.

Forum Members in the area should check out the North Wales Caravan Show at Clwyd Caravans in Ruabon (near Wrexham). From 29 Oct - 06 Nov, Alan and the team have a huge range of 2012 Season Buccaneer and Elddis models (along with Lunar and Coachman). Great deals to be had - and another chance to see our models 'in the flesh'.

Rachel

The Buccaneers and Crusaders do stand out from the crowd at the moment :) Does the new Coachmans not look the the Swifts offerings???? and the Swifts look like Hobbies with a sunroof, less the dimpled side walls :rolleyes:

We traded in our 2008 Limousin for the Delta and the quality is a step up from the Pageant which we really liked. Would have stayed with Bailey but the House Brick shape of Alutech put me off :blink:

Hi to you all out there. As we all know the best caravan/caravan interior is a very subjective issue and very much down to the individual needs of those towing and using the caravan.

We are pensioner caravanner's, No Kids and only an 'Have Cat will Travel' that needs consideration.

We currently have a 2001 Elddis Crusader SuperSirocco. Before meeting Ms Rooster I have had at least one of each of the previous upper end manufacturers products over the years as needs changed.

Currently I believe that Bailey with their Unicorn Range & Elddis with both the Avante and Odyssey ranges have a great deal going for them.

At this present time I believe that the Odyssey 656 has got to be the family van of the moment. 6berth with fixed NS bed and full width washroom/shower/loo or the higher priced Crusader Tempest 6 berth incl' side dinette.

The Odyssey scores on not having the wrestling to contend with at adult bed-time and the more than ample washroom.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

• 1 month later...

We have ordered a new Elddis Shamal with their Diamond pack after spending several days at the October NEC. show, we think they have put together a really stylish, practical caravan for what we require, we found the all Elddis staff at the show very helpful, which swung it for us

picked up our new Crusader Tempest today, had air con fitted, it looks lovely, can't wait to use it, downside will have to wait until next year now.

picked up our new Crusader Tempest today, had air con fitted, it looks lovely, can't wait to use it, downside will have to wait until next year now.

Why ? plenty of places to go to, you dont have to go far ! Go on give it a go, after all its only by useing it that you will find out if there's any problems now rather than later and perhaps having a battle getting them sorted.

regards david 1220

I like the new Buccaneers with the GRP sides but was a bit disapointed that the new Crusaders still had aluminium sides .

Explorer should of used GRP sides as they was bringing out a new design same as the Buccaneers Range .

When I change my caravan I shall like many others be looking for one that dont dent .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

I had the air con fitted to my 2011 super sirocco this year. It is supposed to be the quiet mode. But on the inside it is a bit noisy at first but you soon seem to get used to it. On the outside it is very quiet. But when we were in direct sunlight earlier this year the temp inside the van was 34 degrees. I opened all the windows and it went down to 32 degrees. TOO HOT I closed the windows and put the zircon on and within 5 mins is was down to 23 degrees. We had to go out so we left the air con on for 30 minutes and we got the van down to 16 degrees. It was a bit too cold.

The air con is worth every penny.

Our Caravel came fitted with A/C as standard, regarding noise when standing outside you have to really listen for it, and inside we also find it acceptable when running at it fatest speed. Regarding efficiency in S. Spain when its been up to 45c outside the lowest it's got the inside as been 18c, but that is after a good hour. We also use it a lot as an extra heater when it gets really cold. Would we have it again, YES!

• 2 weeks later...

we're hoping that the air con will help with the condensation problems, we had with our 2011 Tempest over the top bunk, won't know until next summer, although I've noticed that the 2012 has been fitted with more ventilation vents towards the rear of the van, perhaps we've been listened to.

We are really really hoping to buy a new crusader next year, but I've been banned from looking anymore just yet, until we are ready to buy

it is a great family van, as I said in my earlier post, hoping that the condensation problem has been sorted as that did put unwanted pressure on our holidays, we were constantly waking up to check the ceiling over the top bunk!

• 1 month later...

We have bought the new tempest, loving the deeper lockers, and note the windows on the bunks have been moved. Time will tell I suppose

As I said in my 1st post they are the nicest looking vans on the market at the moment (in my opinion) we're not looking to change as we really like the Delta, but when we are looking to change they will be top of the list.

Enjoy :)

We just ordered the tempest diamond jubilee edition looking forward to it saw one at Manchester show in January really like the layout,

It's a fab family layout, my only concern like I said in tow car is being able to tug it with the lc3 without feeling it.

Hi all new to the site!

Bought new Shamal at lawns in September we saw for the 1st time in the flesh as to speak, got a good price straight sale and sold the Swift 550 on E BAY.

Picked it up 14 th Oct and had 2 trips away really like the van just the 2 of us the single beds are the most comfortable beds we have slept on in a caravan yet! after fixed side bed with cut off corner!!in the Swift,Every thing in the Shamal worked great apart from the heating in the rear bathroom the rest of the van is great with Alde heating!Elddis sorted and pleased with it now! Tows great behind my S max don't no its there tows a treat!

Hi Jocky,

How are you getting on with your Lunar RS? I visited my local caravan dealer to exchange a gas bottle and nearly came away with a 2011 Ex demo RS (as you do) Really nice 'van with the layout I already have and like. The only thing that got me with it, is that cupboard above the toilet, I still think that should've been placed on the back wall above the sink.

After visiting my supplying dealer, I was offered ex demo 2011 Elddis Supersirocco at a really good price. Has the privacy flush fitting windows and the graphics are a little more subdued. Carbon effect light surrounds on the rear too add a touch of class. I've always preferred the styling of Elddis. Just can't wait to pick it up in a few weeks now and try out that Alde heating!!

Diefer

DeltaRS has been excellent :) Cupboard above toilet hasn't been an issue, never thought about it going on the back wall. The single thing that swung the purchase of the Delta was the Lshape lounge, we really like that as it gives a feeling of more room.

Remember the look on the wifes face at the NEC when she walked in the Delta (L Lounge) was the last van that we looked at and I didn't think we would like it as the 2010 RS lounge was tiny, she said to me straight away buy it, that was from someone who said before the show, we are not buying a new caravan, as there is nothing wrong with our Pageant Limousin :lol:

I'll be honest, when we went to that show in Oct10 I fancied a Supersirocco or Schooner, but the bark brown upholstery put is off straight away, also wife wasn't keen on TV position and bed on opposite side of caravan and the worktop extension over the bed. I like you liked the windows and outside styling of Elddis vans.

So when the time comes to change the Delta the layout will be different, SWMBO says model with single beds and L Lounge, haven't seen single beds and L lounge yet, but sure we will :o

Used to get Bailey vans, but think they could have made the alutec shape less like a house brick :o

So reading your last sentence, you went for the Supersirocco? Enjoy, oh forgot that exellent end bathroom, the best I've seen in a UK

caravan

:)

I'm dispointed that Elddis have dropped the Odyssey 524 . We dont want a fixed bed as per the 520 the side berth was for us.

Plus I dont want a longer van as it wont fit on the drive. ( the 524 sticks out a bit to much as it is, but its not there long)

Not looking at present but although I like Elddis the entire range doesnt give me what I want so it will have to be another make I'm afraid.

Coachman Pastiche tugged by Mazda CX-7, Wine supplied by Sainsburys & sunday Times wine Club.