Hi, daughters has a 1999 elddis crown sceptre

problem is the green light on the fridge is not lighting up

checked fuses all ok there seems to be no power

at the switch,then i thought there migh be a isolator switch

or plug turned van upsidedown couldnt find anything, run out

of ideas am hoping someone might have the same van and

knows something

Dave

Hi Dave, The green light only comes on when you have 230 volts. Does the fridge freeze down even though the light doesn't come on? If so don't bother with the light, it glows like mad at night and you land up putting something over it. I had a mate who used to hang his underpants over it !!! ( don't ask I didn't ) Regards Peter :wacko:

Hi Peter, what i should have said was that there is no power getting to the fridge,

checked wires behind the switch, no power it seems if there is a break in line

like a plug or another switch what we cant find between fuse box and fridge switch

Dave

There's probably a 13A outlet within the fridge enclosure to feed the fridge with 240V mains. If so there could be a blown fuse in the plug top. No need to pull the fridge out to replace, as it should be accessible from outside through the wall vent. Alternatively the 13A outlet may be located in an adjacent bed locker, with a hole to the fridge enclosure, large enough to pass the plug through for fridge removal.

I hope that's some help,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Hi to all who replied to my question

thats the easy bit now i have to put my hands up

and say that i have been a ------------

went back switched fridge on and left it

i have just been back and there is heat coming

from outside vent so is seems that it could be working

i shall leave it overnight just to make sure then buy a

new switch off fleabay

what can i say, Dave

Hi Dave,

Don't worry, we've all been "a ------------" at times. Join the club.

If it's now working, there's no need to change the switch, so long as you can see whether it is turned on or not, the light will probably just be annoying at night. They really are quite bright, to the extent that ours always had a tea-towel over it at night.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

. .. They really are quite bright, to the extent that ours always had a tea-towel over it at night.

Gordon.

The green switch is annoyingly bright. Tea towels are a waste of time. Dark-coloured folded fluffy folded hand towel for us.

A working switch with no light in it? I'm thinking of making you an offer . .. :D

My mate still has his underpants !! offers on a postcard please. Regards Peter, :):rolleyes::D

Archived