Qashqai 2.0dci Manual,kerb Weight

BLUEHORIZONSBECKON

Having recently returned to caravanning, did research and settled on Nissan Qashqai 2. 0dCi Tekna,manual with a Swift Charisma 535 (mtplm 1322kg).

I have been unable to confirm the kerb weight for the Qashqai and am experiencing difficulty meeting the recommended nose weight 75kg.

The car has more than enough power, able to accelerate with ease on any slope, but to achieve the 75kg nose weight the van seems to be causing problems & giving an uncomfortable pitching motion.

Can anyone please advise a solution, or is it trial and error?

We don't tow with our Qashqai at all but I must admit that the rear suspension on our 1. 5 DCI is very soft that might be where one of your problem is. Link to the specs for you

Dave

. http://www. nissan. co. uk/etc/medialib/nissaneu/_gb_en/_Other_pdf/prices_specifications. Par. 96748. File. tmp/Qashqai_QQ+2_TechSpec_NEW_1. 6_VFINAL. pdf

Probably not what you want to hear but I tow the same van with a Kuga. If the nose weight is below 80kg I start to get a pitching motion as you describe so I aim for about 85-90kg at which it goes away completely.

I guess it might help to keep the nose weight at 75kg but with as little loaded in the van as possible and the car loaded as much as is possible (safely). Also make sure you inflate the tyres to full load pressue.

I've used these on four cars with soft rear suspension, left them on permanently.

http://www. practicalcaravan. com/review/accessories/grayston-rubber-coil-spring-assister

You could fit some spring assisters to strengthen the suspension to stop it pitch . Having weight at the rear of the caravan will cause pitching and by trying to get the weight to the middle of the caravan will help . Is the caravan riding correct at the right height with the nose just slightly down .

As your towing at the the cars tow limit weight will be the best place to start to see if it makes a difference .

Dave