Santa Fe Deactivate Park Sensors

TRIDENT

Hi All

Confusion regins.

Shortly to take delivery of new Santa Fe, complete with Hyundai towbar (witter) and 13 pin electrics.

Looking through forums their is confusion as to if the system detects the caravan being plugged in and de activates the park sensors.

The dealer is trying to locate a answere and notes that no dedicated additional loom is listed in parts for such, and hyundai help line has also told me that the system auto detects and disconects the sensors.

Any one please with answers or suggestions.

Thank you

trident

Guest Benzowner

Not sure how your parking sensors work, but mine will only sound when I engage reverse gear so should not cause a problem until reversing. For the amount of time I reverse a caravan, I put up with any buzzers, although to be honest I can't remember them going off the last time I towed the van.

When I had my towbar fitted to our old BMW. The guy fitting it recommended that they stay connected, as on some models they inter connect with something else. Mind you they were that faint I never heard them anyway. ...

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

As said mine only activate when I engage reverse and I noticed last week they mute the radio when they beep . I can also disarm both front and rear sensors from a switch on the dash .

The Sante fe I would of thought will work like this as nobody has had problems on this forum already .

Dave

Our old SF (2005, still for sale, if anyone is interested :) ) had a cut-off switch in the boot. Our new SF (2009, got last weekend) had a new 13-pin towbar put on but they put the cut-off switch on the dashboard. They never mentioned an option to have it auto-cutoff and I never thought to ask.

However, on the Hyundai Owners club forum, I'm sure I read of someone who had this facility - check there:

http://www. hyundaiownersclub. co. uk/forum/index. php

For the amount of time I reverse a caravan, I put up with any buzzers,

Man, that noise drives me nuts - a constant long drone. ..hold on, no, sorry, that's the wife. .. :P

Seriously, I can't reverse for 10 seconds with that buzzer going off . . and, worse, I can't hear whoever is guiding me in either.

Just collected my new Santa Fe yesterday but have not hooked up the caravan yet. The delaer did tell me that the system detects the caravan being plugged in which deactivates the park sensors. That said he told me alot of other things that were not quite true. ..

Had a look at the handbook and it states rear parking assist may not operate properly when Trailer towing, not exactly conclusive. ..

It also seems that if you cover the sensors with a foreign object this may cause them not to operate. I don't see any cut off switch on the dashboard or a reference to it in the handbook, but i may have missed it. ..

Just collected my new Santa Fe yesterday but have not hooked up the caravan yet. The delaer did tell me that the system detects the caravan being plugged in which deactivates the park sensors. That said he told me alot of other things that were not quite true. ..

Had a look at the handbook and it states rear parking assist may not operate properly when Trailer towing, not exactly conclusive. ..

It also seems that if you cover the sensors with a foreign object this may cause them not to operate. I don't see any cut off switch on the dashboard or a reference to it in the handbook, but i may have missed it. ..

doesn't cut off on my SF - just have to put up with the noise when reversing the van into position. might make me do it a bit quicker in future!!

Hi All

Confusion regins.

Shortly to take delivery of new Santa Fe, complete with Hyundai towbar (witter) and 13 pin electrics.

Looking through forums their is confusion as to if the system detects the caravan being plugged in and de activates the park sensors.

The dealer is trying to locate a answere and notes that no dedicated additional loom is listed in parts for such, and hyundai help line has also told me that the system auto detects and disconects the sensors.

Thank you

trident

The wiring kit is probably made by

Right Connections (UK) Limited

Unit 503, Queensway Business Park

Hadley Park, TELFORD, Shropshire TF1 7UL

If so he fitting instructions are here http://www. pfjones. co. uk/Wiring_instructions/19080503RC. pdf follow these to see if the cut out is included

Hi All

Confusion regins.

Thank you

trident

The Hyundai tow bar is made by Witter who also do a dedicated wiring kit which disables the rear sensors,however it costs over £200.

The dealer who fitted my tow bar fitted a switch to the right hand side of the steering column near the fuse box. I understand it is wired to the fuse box. I couldn't stand the noise when reversing with the van on before this switch was fitted.

The only problem is to remember to switch it back on after reversing but as when selecting reverse there is a single beep then if there isn't you know to switch them back on again

A dedicated plug and play wiring loom "right connections" if fitted then when the 13 pin plug is connected the reverse sensors and rear fog lights on the tow vehile are disabled, but the wiring loom costs around £200 so I payed in total £595 for detachable witter with dedicated wiring loom + fitting at chester towbars

Hi Lunarsorentoman

I have just had a Witter detachable wired & fitted complete with 13 pin socket & wired for ATC for £395. 00.

bargain price

Our sensors are inactive once the van is plugged in, but i have to make sure that the plugs fit the sockets well, still run twin sockets, my father in law uses our car to tow his new van with a 13 pin adaptor but this does not stop the sensors, guess its something to do with the way they are wired.