Senator Indiana Series 5 Alarm

normskinormski

Hi all.

Just a quickie.

I'm collecting my new (second hand) 2005 Senator Indiana next week but didn't notice if it has an alarm fitted.

Could anyone tell me if these models have one fitted as standard.

Thanks in anticipation.

Norman :)

Oh!! Also, My old van (1994 ABI Northstar) has a 13kg Calor gas bottle in it. Will I be able to squeeze this into the front locker or will I have to exchange it for a 6 or 7kg bottle.

Ta muchly.

Hi all.

Just a quickie.

I'm collecting my new (second hand) 2005 Senator Indiana next week but didn't notice if it has an alarm fitted.

Could anyone tell me if these models have one fitted as standard.

Thanks in anticipation.

Norman :)

Oh!! Also, My old van (1994 ABI Northstar) has a 13kg Calor gas bottle in it. Will I be able to squeeze this into the front locker or will I have to exchange it for a 6 or 7kg bottle.

Ta muchly.

Hi the s5 senator has an IDM 4 type alarm fitted, good alarm. You wont fit a 13kg gas cylinder in the front locker ax 7kg butane and 6kg propane.

Thanks Cvan1 for the info. It's much appreciated. Now I can go about insuring it :) !!

BTW. Where is the control panel for the alarm? :unsure:

It should be just inside the main door on the left lower panel.

Its a really good alarm, partly because you can take your leisure battery out when the caravan is stored.

The alarm has an internal battery which charges when you're connected to the mains. Should last 6 months without a leisure battery in place.

If the alarm battery is getting a bit old/past it, toolstation sell a direct replacement for about £10. A bit of hassle to fit (the alarm unit is screwed to the floor. Took me about 15 mins.

I think it also has a tilt sensor built in. This gave me a reduction on my insurance.

You will need the code from the previous owner so you can sert the alarm and also change the code to your own preferance :)

I think it also has a tilt sensor built in

Yes, it does.

You will need the code from the previous owner so you can sert the alarm and also change the code to your own preferance :)

It can be reset by taking the battery out, as I found when I changed mine

I had a IDM3 in a 2004 senator, not a problem in 7 years.

The function part of the alarm i extended to alarm the gas locker and battery locker, just by wiring magnetic switches in series.

The Valencia has a quite useless alarm, no keypad so you have yet another fob to carry, and with apparently only 16 combinations to the code, its possible to alarm or disarm a nearby caravan, with the same code. The pir needs batteries!

Only negative with the IDM was the tilt alarm, not very efficient on both IDM2 and 3 versions.

While the movement sensor on the Valencia (tilt alarm) is brilliant, it even activated when the dealer moved the caravan on a recent visit, only moved it down a slight slope.

• 2 weeks later...

It can be reset by taking the battery out, as I found when I changed mine

This is exactly what I did (what a fart on but it worked) using the longest screwdriver in the world :angry:

Thanks for that bit of advice as the dealer didn't know the code and the factory code hadn't been reset but now t'sall good :D

Idm alarms can be reset to facotry settings providing the alarm isnt armed by just pressing the 'F' key and holding it down until the alarm chirps and stops then its fully reset. Thats the official way to do it.