Find The Circuit Draining Your Battery.

therealboss

Might have a look at that. :)

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

I bought one earlier this year. Very useful. I also found it useful to measure the current being produced by my new solar panel.

The first battery did not seem to last too long, but the replacement seems OK. From memory it is one of those odd 12volt batteries sometimes used in cameras and also my laser pen.

Edited by ChrisUK

Chris in Warwickshire, Elddis Odyssey 482 (2008), Mitsubishi Outlander diesel, 2017

Not a bad idea.

However, I usually connect an ammeter (multimeter on amp / milliamp range) between the live lead and the battery live terminal then by sequentially removing fuses you can find the offending circuit.

I also have a pair of flying leads attached to a bulb with male Lucars on the ends which can be very useful to find the reason for a fuse continuing to blow. Replacing the fuse with this allows you to disconnect different parts of the circuit until the bulb goes out - at which point you've found the short.

A multimeter has loads of uses on the caravan / car.

Edited by iansoady

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2, 1986 Honda XBR500

Not a bad idea.

However, I usually connect an ammeter (multimeter on amp / milliamp range) between the live lead and the battery live terminal then by sequentially removing fuses you can find the offending circuit.

I also have a pair of flying leads attached to a bulb with male Lucars on the ends which can be very useful to find the reason for a fuse continuing to blow. Replacing the fuse with this allows you to disconnect different parts of the circuit until the bulb goes out - at which point you've found the short.

A multimeter has loads of uses on the caravan / car.

Its not recommend to use a bulb for fault finding on modern cars, especially can bus systems, thats what the auto electrician who did my tow bar electrics told me, too much current flow.