Uv Degradation

terry876

Hi

After 6 months on my mark 4 (lots of replacements) light weight awning its given up the ghost, the week before the strong winds mine came

down ripped across awning rail, all poles and pegs intact.

Been back to my supplier who sent it back to the makers, apparently if you use it in the sun this happens.

The manufactures recommend that you erect it on site in a shaded area where it will be protected from exposure to strong sunlight, may be

you put it up away from your van.

I thought this year we had had less sunlight but obviously not the case, my dealer said its faded it's been used and also that for 6 months

old it had had more than 6 months use.

Yet another mistake in the bin.

Terry.

and whats happened to the Sale of Goods Act? / 'fit for purpose' useable life arguement??

speak to your local Council Trading Standards department. ..

Hi

This letter that i received from sunnflair states "We draw your attention to our Warranty Terms and advise you that UV Degradation and storm damage is specifically excluded from any 12 month warrant against faulty workmanship or materials"

Terry.

I know what you mean, i've been through many awnings, thick and thin! I'm currently on a thick awning that JSUT survived the bad winds with one or two minor repairs to do. I had a Rivera 360 or 390 lightweight last year on my seasonal pitch and it was great but didn't get it down in time before the snow and it also ripped tight along the awning rail. The poles however just sprung back up though into shape :huh: so gve the poles as spares to a couple who'd got a similar one

Compass Shadow 1988