Help Some Students! Caravan Survey

Caravan_survey2011

Hello!

We are a group of students for a technical university in Sweden! We study industrial design and are about to start a project on caravans. The goal is to design a new caravan. We are very interested in talking to and hearing from users of caravans. We need to know who we are designing a caravan for before we can actually make anything. Therefor we ask for your help.

We know that the most vital group of people to talk to are caravan enthusiasts, people who have many many miles under their belts and who have been in and around caravans for years. If you could please find the time to answer our survey, we would be most grateful. As we mentioned earlier, it will help us make a better caravan for the customers, for you.

We have prepared a list of questions, please read through it and answer as much as you feel like. the more the better, but we won't twist any arms here. We are really interested in finding out about the likes, needs and wants of caravan users.

finally, if you have anything you have found particularly in need of a redesign or that you feel is particularly bad, please let us know!

tack så mycket!

Thank you so much

love

// Isak, Mikaela, Philippa, Johanna

Here are the questions!

What sort of car do you drive?

Why?

What do you like about it?

What kind of phone do you use?

Why?

In general, what is your favorite style of interior design?

In general, what is your favorite artist?

In general, what is your favorite style of cooking?

How do you cook while living in the caravan?

How would cooking be made easier?

Do you use the caravan as a stationary house or as a mobile thing?

How often do you move it?

Favorite/dream car?

Favorite/dream house?

What do you think about motorbikes?

What do you think when you see a caravan on the road?

Where do you take your caravan?

What is the purpose of the journey? Tourism, sport activity etc.

What is your opinion about remote control for parking the caravan?

How does your caravan reflect you, and represent you?

Do you prefer using the facilities available at a camping site, or do you use the equipment in your caravan?

Do you stay at home or do you go abroad?

During which seasons do you use the caravan?

Which area of the caravan do you spend the most time in? Awning, kitchen, bedroom etc?

Do you use peripheral item such as an awning/tent?

What kind of caravan do you use? Brand, size etc

Spontaniously Good / Bad in your caravan?

What do you miss from your “real home”?

Entertainment in a caravan, what do you do?

What do you do at home?

How is your house furnished? Can you describe your style?

How about the caravan?

Thanks again ^^

Okey it seems like we have a lot of views but no replies so far, if you want to help us by discussing your caravans and how you use them, just copy the questions, and paste them all into a reply, then answer the questions you feel like answering. We will now pretend that we are the owner of a caravan and answer our own questions:

What sort of car do you drive? Volvo v50

Why? My father always had a volvo so it felt natural for me to try some volvos. It has enough space for my family needs and the diesel consumption is low

What do you like about it? -

What kind of phone do you use? iphone 3g

Why? a colleague showed me his iphone and when my mp3 player broke i decided to buy a smartphone

What do you like about it? i like it, the interface is simple and it has all functions i need

In general, what is your favorite style of interior design? i like clean "modern" houses but i prefer my bedroom to be a bit "old school" with alot of wooden furniture, bookshelves, etc because i feel more comfortable in that environment, it makes me relax

In general, what is your favorite artist? -

In general, what is your favorite style of cooking? i like to wock

How do you cook while living in the caravan? i never lived in one! thats why i need your help to understand how it is to live in one :-)

How would cooking be made easier? a bigger fridge would be good, i like leaving society for a while and need to bring alot of food

Do you use the caravan as a stationary house or as a mobile thing? mobile, i like traveling around

How often do you move it? maybe every 2 or 3 days

Favorite/dream car? i dont care really, im fine with my volvo

Favorite/dream house? id like a big villa on the top of a mountain, but then, everthing would be too far. ..

What do you think about motorbikes? it seems to be abit like a lifestyle, nothing for me

What do you think when you see a caravan on the road? "i wonder where they are going"

Where do you take your caravan? norway has a lot of nice fjords, if i had a caravan i would try going there

What is the purpose of the journey? Tourism, sport activity etc. - mostly to get away from the city, to relax in my mobile home in a more country-side-environment

What is your opinion about remote control for parking the caravan? i have some experience of driving trailers, i would at least try driving without an expensive remote control system

How does your caravan reflect you, and represent you? hmm. ..it represents my will to be free!

Do you prefer using the facilities available at a camping site, or do you use the equipment in your caravan? since i like going away from society, i like using the equipment in my caravan, but if i passed a camp site i might stay for a day to use the stuff there

Do you stay at home or do you go abroad? a little bit of both

During which seasons do you use the caravan? mostly in summer but maybe i would take it for skiing

Which area of the caravan do you spend the most time in? Awning, kitchen, bedroom etc? i would spend alot of time outside the caravan, hiking the nature in the days and then returning to the caravan to cook and rest

etc

Feel free to discuss, your answers will probably be a lot different from ours, since we are just guessing!

I have done a copy and you will have to wait for answers but maybe not all the answers because we can be very reserved with information on a public forums sometimes. B):ph34r:

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

What sort of car do you drive? 2. 2 Diesel, Automatic

Why? It does the job well

What do you like about it? Cheaper to run than a smaller one when towing.

What kind of phone do you use? Smart-phone

Why? It has Internet

What do you like about it? Easy to use and keep in touch and for emergency calls if needed

In general, what is your favorite style of interior design? Multi-use and functional

In general, what is your favorite artist? Monet

In general, what is your favorite style of cooking? Outdoor

How do you cook while living in the caravan? Hob and Cadac or small Gas Bar-b

How would cooking be made easier? Cheaper gas supplies

Do you use the caravan as a stationary house or as a mobile thing? Mobile

How often do you move it? Weekly in Summer Less in Winter

Dream car? Hummer

Dream house? Glamis Castle

What do you think about motorbikes? Great

What do you think when you see a caravan on the road? Hi Friend

Where do you take your caravan? Anywhere

What is the purpose of the journey? Leisure

What is your opinion about remote control for parking the caravan? Best thing since sliced bread.

How does your caravan reflect you, and represent you? outdoors suits me.

Do you prefer using the facilities available at a camping site, or do you use the

equipment in your caravan? Own

Do you stay at home or do you go abroad? Home now.

During which seasons do you use the caravan? All

Which area of the caravan do you spend the most time in? Seating area.

Do you use peripheral item such as an awning/tent? Not always except in summer, then an Awning

What kind of caravan do you use? Brand, size etc Coachman 380/2

Spontaneously Good / Bad in your caravan? All good

What do you miss from your “real home”? Space

Entertainment in a caravan, what do you do?Radio, TV,Reading

What do you do at home? Same but Internet and hobbies.

How is your house furnished? Can you describe your style? Lived in. B)

How about the caravan? Spotless

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

What sort of car do you drive? VW Tiguan 2. 0 TDI Sport / VW Golf 1. 9 GTTDI

Why? My wife's car, good in the snow and nice to drive / I like Golfs

What do you like about it? 4wd, nice to drive, economical

What kind of phone do you use? iPhone

Why? Friend had one and I liked it

What do you like about it? Look and feel, touch screen, loads of apps

In general, what is your favorite style of interior design? Modern, simplistic

In general, what is your favorite artist? n/a

In general, what is your favorite style of cooking? ???

How do you cook while living in the caravan? Only simple meals that require minimal preparation and little washing up

How would cooking be made easier? More worktop space near cooking area (though we will never cook large meals anyway)

How often do you move it? Approx once per month

Favorite/dream car? Audi RS4

Favorite/dream house? n/a

What do you think about motorbikes? Liked them when I was younger, no interest now

What do you think when you see a caravan on the road? Like to look at what kind it is

Where do you take your caravan? Only Scotland and England so far, plan to go to Germany at some point

What is the purpose of the journey? Tourism, sport activity etc. Tourism

What is your opinion about remote control for parking the caravan? Absolutely essential

How does your caravan reflect you, and represent you? I don't see the van reflecting me, bought it as fit for purpose at a price I wanted to pay

Do you prefer using the facilities available at a camping site, or do you use the equipment in your caravan? Use both

Do you stay at home or do you go abroad? Home

During which seasons do you use the caravan? Spring, summer, autumn

Which area of the caravan do you spend the most time in? Awning, kitchen, bedroom etc? Living area

Do you use peripheral item such as an awning/tent? yes, full and porch awning

What kind of caravan do you use? Brand, size etc Bailey Orion

Spontaniously Good / Bad in your caravan? Bright/nothing

What do you miss from your “real home”? Large comfortable chair and large TV with good sound system

Entertainment in a caravan, what do you do? Watch TV

What do you do at home? Watch TV, Internet

How is your house furnished? Can you describe your style? Modern

How about the caravan? Newish, clean and tidy inside

Far too many questions from a group that is designing a caravan IMO.

Surely the most relevant questions-for caravanners-should concentrate on practicalities/style/living space/bedrooms/bathrooms/kitchens/weights and heating. Whether or not we use our 'vans 30+ weeks or less a year?

The make and model of the car I use to tow is irrelevant,it does the job. How we furnish our home is not your concern. Ditto for for the phone.

I would suggest the group spend a little more time looking at as many models of caravan as possible and their respective market share,what are the main differences between European and British caravanners wants,needs and attitudes to current caravan designs? What do you think you will offer that is different,what will be your USP?

It might be better to offer a preliminary sketch or design proposal first and then ask for comments and suggestions.

Do not be offended by my post, these are my thoughts and I think you should be aware that this is how I am.

Regards.

Col

Surely the most relevant questions-for caravanners-should concentrate on practicalities/style/living space/bedrooms/bathrooms/kitchens/weights and heating. Whether or not we use our 'vans 30+ weeks or less a year?

The make and model of the car I use to tow is irrelevant,it does the job. How we furnish our home is not your concern. Ditto for for the phone.

I would suggest the group spend a little more time looking at as many models of caravan as possible and their respective market share,what are the main differences between European and British caravanners wants,needs and attitudes to current caravan designs? What do you think you will offer that is different,what will be your USP?

It might be better to offer a preliminary sketch or design proposal first and then ask for comments and suggestions.

Do not be offended by my post, these are my thoughts and I think you should be aware that this is how I am.

Regards.

Col

Dito too many Non Caravan questions for my liking

Dito too many Non Caravan questions for my liking

Hello!

Thank you for your relpies so far! Perhaps we should have been clearer at the beginning as to why we are asking certain questions. The object of this survey is to find out the mentality of the users, thier lifestyles out side the caravan. An example, if we know a large group of users have smart phones, then maybe an ipod-type dock in the stereo would be nice. Or a wifi module.

We know that we could ask only caravan questions, but we wanted a deeper understanding of you guys, hence the questions regarding cooking styles and furnishings. If you like modern and minimal decor, then a caravan that looks like an Irish pub would be . .. weird.

please dont feel that the questions should limit you, sorry for any confusion.

at the end of the day, customers buy caravans. If the customer is not at home in the caravan then it won't get bought. We would like to find out who we are designing for, before we do the design.

thank you

//Philippa

I always liked ABBA Didn't always like Volvos. Baileys never listened to me when I suggested different ideas, I don't think other makers would. sorry to be so down. Peter :mellow:

What sort of car do you drive? Citroen C8

Why? I need the space for people and tools

What do you like about it? It fulfils my needs and can tow a caravan

What kind of phone do you use? Nokia 6310i

Why? To make & receive calls

What do you like about it? It's never gone wrong in 10 years

In general, what is your favorite style of interior design? I don't do 'style'; I leave that to my wife

In general, what is your favorite artist? Turner

In general, what is your favorite style of cooking? I try to avoid cooking; if I have to cook, my omelettes are edible

How do you cook while living in the caravan? On the cooker or in the oven

How would cooking be made easier? Get someone else to do it or get a takeaway

Do you use the caravan as a stationary house or as a mobile thing? Mobile thing

How often do you move it? 10-12 times a year

Favorite/dream car? Citroen C6

Favorite/dream house? The one we're going to build in the garden

What do you think about motorbikes? They're good but mine's the best

What do you think when you see a caravan on the road? There's some lucky person going off for a break

Where do you take your caravan? To the British Isles and France

What is your opinion about remote control for parking the caravan? Will be very useful when I am old enough to need it

How does your caravan reflect you, and represent you? As someone who likes to holiday independently in different places

Do you prefer using the facilities available at a camping site, or do you use the equipment in your caravan? No preference

Do you stay at home or do you go abroad? Abroad, only to France so far

During which seasons do you use the caravan? Spring, summer, autumn (fall)

Which area of the caravan do you spend the most time in? Awning, kitchen, bedroom etc? Depends on the weather; awning if we can

Do you use peripheral item such as an awning/tent? Canopy awning

What kind of caravan do you use? Brand, size etc Lunar LX 2000 524 4 berth

Spontaniously Good / Bad in your caravan? don't understand the question

What do you miss from your “real home”? the bed

Entertainment in a caravan, what do you do? Play board games

What do you do at home? Clean, look after the garden, laundry, use the Internet, run my business, d-i-y, watch TV

How is your house furnished? Can you describe your style? no

How about the caravan? not that either, it's just a caravan

I agree with previous replies, if you want my opinion on my caravan and how it can be improved then fair enough, but what phone i use and house details I will not answer.

Here are the questions!

Thanks for your polite explanations. Good luck with your project.

What sort of car do you drive? Toyota Avensis Tourer.

Why? Perceived reliability.

What do you like about it? Reliable, comfortable, powerful enough.

What kind of phone do you use? Simple mobile.

Why? I don't use it much.

What do you like about it? It's just a simple telephone, no problem if I lose it.

In general, what is your favorite style of interior design? Opposite of IKEA. Warm, cosy, chintzy.

In general, what is your favorite artist? Van Gogh.

In general, what is your favorite style of cooking? Italian.

How do you cook while living in the caravan? Hob and barbecue.

How would cooking be made easier? More bench space.

Do you use the caravan as a stationary house or as a mobile thing? Mobile.

How often do you move it? Tour with it regularly in season.

Favorite/dream car? Toyota Landcruiser V8.

Favorite/dream house? Overlooking the sea in Guernsey.

What do you think about motorbikes? Not for me anymore.

What do you think when you see a caravan on the road? Where are they going?

Where do you take your caravan? UK, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Italy, Germany.

What is the purpose of the journey? Tourism, sport activity etc. Holiday touring.

What is your opinion about remote control for parking the caravan? Excellent, Use it for tight spaces particularly at home.

How does your caravan reflect you, and represent you? Only a little. It's a compromise on size, price and layout.

Do you prefer using the facilities available at a camping site, or do you use the equipment in your caravan? Camp site.

Do you stay at home or do you go abroad? Both.

During which seasons do you use the caravan? April/May to October.

Which area of the caravan do you spend the most time in? Awning, kitchen, bedroom etc? Lounge or awning.

Do you use peripheral item such as an awning/tent? Awning.

What kind of caravan do you use? Brand, size etc Avondale Rialto 390/2.

Spontaniously Good / Bad in your caravan? Don't understand.

What do you miss from your “real home”? . Comfortable armchair.

Entertainment in a caravan, what do you do? Read, scrabble, cards, DVDs, internet if available.

What do you do at home? TV, internet, reading

How is your house furnished? Can you describe your style? Comfortable, carpeted, old fashioned.

How about the caravan? Probably the same.

Thanks again ^^

Must say I wondered that myself. If it is then by far the best thing to do is get to a caravan site and talk to the members direct, then I am sure they would get the info they require. best wishes Peter :)

Well. I read the questions but damned if I would answer such a poorly thought out attempt to obtain information. Sorry you guys. When I was at college cutting and pasting was still the real deal . .. scissors and pritt stick. The final result had to be typed up. These days far easier.

Do you expect people to type questions as well as answers??

There were three obvious alternatives in descending degrees of complication for yourselves.

1) set up a website where questions could be supplied and answered.

2) provide a table in word (doc not docx) format for people to download and edit and then post.

3) at least number your questions so that folk can put number and answer.

Do you expect that someone else will do all the work for you?? As said I was a student once. I am not trying to be nasty but . .. come on, THINK, put some effort in guys.

Easy T

It is easy to do just copy the questions from the original and paste into your word processing software, add your answers and the copy and paste here, like this

What sort of car do you drive? Mitsubishi Shogun

Why? Bought specifically for towing caravan.

What do you like about it? Weight & Power to keep van under control

What kind of phone do you use? Very old basic pay as you go phone.

Why? Don’t like phones at the best of times this is for emergency use.

What do you like about it? Don’t like it but at times it is useful

In general, what is your favorite style of interior design? Know nothing about interior design.

In general, what is your favorite artist? Monet

In general, what is your favorite style of cooking? Home cooked British

How do you cook while living in the caravan? Home cooked British

How would cooking be made easier? A maid!

How often do you move it? 5 - 10 times per year

Favorite/dream car? Audi Q7

Favorite/dream house? Live in it

What do you think about motorbikes? Like them, used to have one until I got married.

What do you think when you see a caravan on the road? Wonder what make it is

Where do you take your caravan? UK and Europe

What is your opinion about remote control for parking the caravan? Couldn’t live without it

How does your caravan reflect you, and represent you? It’s a white box containing some of our possessions.

Do you prefer using the facilities available at a camping site, or do you use the equipment in your caravan? Camp site facilities

Do you stay at home or do you go abroad? Both

During which seasons do you use the caravan? March to October

Which area of the caravan do you spend the most time in? Awning, kitchen, bedroom etc? Lounge area.

Do you use peripheral item such as an awning/tent? Occasionally

What kind of caravan do you use? Brand, size etc Coachman Pastiche 520/4

Spontaniously Good / Bad in your caravan? Don’t understand question

What do you miss from your “real home”? Nothing

Entertainment in a caravan, what do you do? Read Books, TV, Laptop

What do you do at home? As above plus household jobs.

How is your house furnished? Can you describe your style? It is my wife’s style, she decides what she wants, I decorate as instructed, she buys furniture accessories.

How about the caravan? As it came from manufacturer other than a couple of extra cushions in the lounge area.

ElBeardo :)

What sort of car do you drive? VW Passat 1. 9 Tdi

Why? room for dog, etc and big enough to pull the caravan

What do you like about it?, comfortable, economical

What kind of phone do you use? mobile

Why? personal and business

What do you like about it? nothing special

In general, what is your favorite style of interior design? mix of modern and old

In general, what is your favorite artist? none in particular, I like all styles

In general, what is your favorite style of cooking? one pot

How do you cook while living in the caravan? simply, BBQ, or easy prep food

Do you use the caravan as a stationary house or as a mobile thing? mobile

How often do you move it? 4-6 times a year

Favorite/dream car? BMW Z4

Favorite/dream house? one that is maintenance free!!

What do you think about motorbikes? not my thing but admire the 1000cc plus

What do you think when you see a caravan on the road? I smile because I used to detest them but now I own one - HA!

Where do you take your caravan? camp sites mainly in France

What is the purpose of the journey? Tourism, sport activity etc. tourism, relaxation

What is your opinion about remote control for parking the caravan? I wish I had it.

Do you prefer using the facilities available at a camping site, or do you use the equipment in your caravan? Both, it depends on the time of year. Always tend to wash up in van, use loo in van, shower on site if it's clean.

Do you stay at home or do you go abroad? Home for now.

During which seasons do you use the caravan? Spring, and autumn mainly

Which area of the caravan do you spend the most time in? Awning, kitchen, bedroom etc?, Awning

Do you use peripheral item such as an awning/tent? awning

What kind of caravan do you use? Brand, size etc Elddis, Xplorer

What do you miss from your “real home”? Sofa sometimes

Entertainment in a caravan, what do you do? - read, play cards, listen to music

What do you do at home? work from home

How is your house furnished? Can you describe your style? mainly modern with old style influences

How about the caravan? - all mod cons where I can have them but no TV.

What sort of car do you drive? Land Rover Discovery s TD5

Why? Like Land Rover's I have 2 of them.

What do you like about it? Its a go anywhere car and will take the whole family.

What kind of phone do you use? Samsung Galaxy 2

Why? I use it as a hot spot for the iPad and 2 laptops.

What do you like about it? Everything.

In general, what is your favorite style of interior design? Don't mind as long as its practical.

In general, what is your favorite artist? Don't have one.

In general, what is your favorite style of cooking? BBq, fast food but home made.

How do you cook while living in the caravan? Gas Cooker

How would cooking be made easier? 700w Microwave

Do you use the caravan as a stationary house or as a mobile thing? Mobile but use it as an extra bedroom when its at the house sometimes.

How often do you move it? Only just bought it but plan to take it away for weekends 9 or 10 times a year (about 1000 miles a year)

Favorite/dream car? Range Rover Sport

Favorite/dream house? 6 Bedroom house up high on a hill.

What do you think about motorbikes? Like them but don't have one.

What do you think when you see a caravan on the road? Used to think *Exclamation* but now look to see if its better than mine.

Where do you take your caravan? Only just bought it but plan to take it all over Ireland and the UK.

What is your opinion about remote control for parking the caravan? Just had one fitted.

How does your caravan reflect you, and represent you? I don't know

Do you prefer using the facilities available at a camping site, or do you use the equipment in your caravan? onl;y just bought my van but plan to use both.

Do you stay at home or do you go abroad? Plan to do both

During which seasons do you use the caravan? Plan to use it from March to end of Oct

Which area of the caravan do you spend the most time in? Awning, kitchen, bedroom etc?Dont have an Awning yet so have to stay in van if its cold.

Do you use peripheral item such as an awning/tent? No

What kind of caravan do you use? Brand, size etc Avondale 556-6

What do you miss from your “real home”? As I plan to use Satellite TV and WiFi I hope nothing.

Entertainment in a caravan, what do you do? Plan to watch TV and use Internet.

What do you do at home? TV & Internet

How is your house furnished? Can you describe your style? Messy but clean.

How about the caravan? Guess it will end up just like the house as we see it as a home away from home.

Regards.

Col

I thought this myself when I read it in the public forum.

Dave

What sort of car do you drive? Rover 75 CDT

Why? Comfort, fuel economy and practcality

What do you like about it? Comfort

What kind of phone do you use? Iphone 4

Why? It has apps I like and use

What do you like about it? Simple to use and practcal

In general, what is your favorite style of interior design? Traditional and practical

In general, what is your favorite artist? None in particular

In general, what is your favorite style of cooking? Indian, i. e. Curry

How do you cook while living in the caravan? Same things as I do at home

How would cooking be made easier? Larger work surface

How often do you move it? When ever I want to use it

Favorite/dream car? Range Rover Vogue SE

Favorite/dream house? Big enough for my needs

What do you think about motorbikes? They have their uses

What do you think when you see a caravan on the road? I wonder where it is going or has been

Where do you take your caravan? Around the UK

What is the purpose of the journey? Tourism, sport activity etc. Pleasure - relaxation

What is your opinion about remote control for parking the caravan? Good if you need help to move the caravan

Do you prefer using the facilities available at a camping site, or do you use the equipment in your caravan? Depends on the site I'm on

Do you stay at home or do you go abroad? Stay at home so far

During which seasons do you use the caravan? Spring summer autumn so far

Which area of the caravan do you spend the most time in? Awning, kitchen, bedroom etc? Lounge area

Do you use peripheral item such as an awning/tent? Awning

What kind of caravan do you use? Brand, size etc Elddis 5. 25 meters internal

What do you miss from your “real home”? The internet

Entertainment in a caravan, what do you do? Read, listen to music or chat, TV

What do you do at home? Internet, read, Music Chat TV

How is your house furnished? Can you describe your style? Cluttered

How about the caravan? tidy

What sort of car do you drive? Audi Q5 S - Line 2. 0 TDI

Why? One of the nicest 4x4 IMHO

What do you like about it? Stylish and Economical

What kind of phone do you use? iPhone 4

Why? Apple products are reliable

What do you like about it? Ease of use and it does everything.

In general, what is your favorite style of interior design? Simple and Contemporary

In general, what is your favorite style of cooking? Indian

How do you cook while living in the caravan? Outdoors on the Cadac

Do you use the caravan as a stationary house or as a mobile thing? Mobile thing !

How often do you move it? a few times a year

Favorite/dream car? Aston Martin

Favorite/dream house? In the country, self build.

Where do you take your caravan? UK and Europe

What is your opinion about remote control for parking the caravan? Like the idea but don't have one.

How does your caravan reflect you, and represent you? It represents what our family needed in style and layout ?!

Do you prefer using the facilities available at a camping site, or do you use the equipment in your caravan?

During which seasons do you use the caravan? Spring to Autumn

Which area of the caravan do you spend the most time in? Awning, kitchen, bedroom etc? Awning

What kind of caravan do you use? Brand, size etc Bailey Limosin 4 berth twin axle

What do you miss from your “real home”? Bed !

Entertainment in a caravan, what do you do? Family Socialising.

What do you do at home? Family socialising, TV, outdoor activities

How is your house furnished? Can you describe your style? Modern

How about the caravan? Modern

What sort of car do you drive?

Hyundai Santa Fe

Why?

Because it is comfortable, has a great warranty and a high towing capacity.

See previous answer.

What kind of phone do you use?

iPhone4

Why?

Great for work and leisure.

See previous answer.

In general, what is your favorite style of interior design?

Anything that doesn't look like someone went to Ikea and bought matching furniture and accessories. Something which looks personal and lived in.

Not really interested to be honest.

In general, what is your favorite style of cooking?

No one style really, like chinese I guess. But that's eating, not cooking it - I hate cooking!

How do you cook while living in the caravan?

On the cooker

More pizza-delivery places. Seriously, cooking is a hateful pain in the bum but it can't be 'easier' without going into 1970s packet-food nastiness.

Do you use the caravan as a stationary house or as a mobile thing?

Generally go to one site, stay there, then go home. It doesn't move once on site.

How often do you move it?

Never once ona site.

Favorite/dream car?

Like a Jag XF

Favorite/dream house?

Eh? Is there a brand of house I'm missing out on?

Idiots mostly.

Not a lot, they are everywhere.

Where do you take your caravan?

To caravan sites. UK only.

What is the purpose of the journey? Tourism, sport activity etc.

Tourism and relaxation.

What is your opinion about remote control for parking the caravan?

Lazy

I don't really see it does - it's a caravan, not clothing, so not that personal.

Mostly own caravan

Do you stay at home or do you go abroad?

In the caravan, UK only, holidays always abroad. (To be clear, going away in a caravan is a 'break', not a holiday).

During which seasons do you use the caravan?

So far summer and autumn. Intend to use all year round though.

Which area of the caravan do you spend the most time in? Awning, kitchen, bedroom etc?

Lounge/bedroom/kitchen area - all one room.

Do you use peripheral item such as an awning/tent?

Yes, but just for somewhere to dry off the dogs, keep shoes, etc.

What kind of caravan do you use? Brand, size etc

Abbey Vogue GTS 216. About 10 years old.

Good: space for two people and end washroom with loo, sink and shower which is not part of the main room.

Bad: seats don't make comfy beds - had a bad back every single time I've slept in it.

What do you miss from your “real home”?

A more comfortable bed.

Entertainment in a caravan, what do you do?

Tend to read, walk dogs, watch TV programmes on iPad.

What do you do at home?

Watch TV, work. Work. Work. Endless damn work.

Cluttered and eclectic.

How about the caravan?

More simple - it has to be as it is so small. Any clutter and you can't move.

What sort of car do you drive? Landrover Freelander 2

Why? Great towcar and good solo

What do you like about it? Looks, comfort

What kind of phone do you use? HTC HD2

Why? Best for Golf GPS

In general, what is your favorite style of interior design? Not sure

In general, what is your favorite artist? See my avatar - Cesar Manrique

In general, what is your favorite style of cooking? Italian

How do you cook while living in the caravan? All meals on Cadac

How would cooking be made easier? OK for me

How often do you move it? Once or twice per holiday

Favorite/dream car? Aston Martin

Favorite/dream house? ??

What do you think about motorbikes? Not a lot

What do you think when you see a caravan on the road? Oh that must be a caravan

Where do you take your caravan? England, Scotland, Wales and Europe

What is the purpose of the journey? Tourism, sport activity etc. Touring and relaxation

What is your opinion about remote control for parking the caravan? Necessary

How does your caravan reflect you, and represent you? It's big; overweight and a bit sluggish!!

Do you prefer using the facilities available at a camping site, or do you use the equipment in your caravan? Caravan

During which seasons do you use the caravan? March to Oct/Nov

Which area of the caravan do you spend the most time in? Awning, kitchen, bedroom etc? Lounge by day and probably bedroom by night

What kind of caravan do you use? Brand, size etc Swift Conqueror 530

Spontaniously Good / Bad in your caravan?Very Good

What do you miss from your “real home”? Power Shower

Entertainment in a caravan, what do you do? Gin & Tonic; Music; Gin & Tonic; Reading; Gin & Tonic

What do you do at home? Many and varied activities - Golf, Gym etc

How is your house furnished? Can you describe your style? ??

How about the caravan? Standard

Here are the questions!

What sort of car do you drive? Renault Laguna

Why? Big enough to pull a caravan and a nice car

What do you like about it? It is very digital

What kind of phone do you use? Landline

Why? Cos its at home

What do you like about it? It works!

In general, what is your favorite style of interior design? Most

In general, what is your favorite artist? ????????????

In general, what is your favorite style of cooking? Curry

How do you cook while living in the caravan? SWMBO does

How would cooking be made easier? Take away?

How often do you move it? Many times a year

Favorite/dream car? None

Favorite/dream house? None

What do you think about motorbikes? Not much

What do you think when you see a caravan on the road? Hi there

Where do you take your caravan? Everywhere

What is the purpose of the journey? Tourism, sport activity etc. Tourism/pleasure

What is your opinion about remote control for parking the caravan? Great!

How does your caravan reflect you, and represent you? It doesn't

Do you prefer using the facilities available at a camping site, or do you use the equipment in your caravan? In the van

Do you stay at home or do you go abroad? Home

During which seasons do you use the caravan? Spring, summer and autumn

Which area of the caravan do you spend the most time in? Awning, kitchen, bedroom etc? Lounge!!!!!

Do you use peripheral item such as an awning/tent? Occassionally

What kind of caravan do you use? Brand, size etc Swift Blakemere 5 berth single axle

Spontaniously Good / Bad in your caravan? Don't understand

What do you miss from your “real home”? Nowt

Entertainment in a caravan, what do you do? TV, read and talk

What do you do at home? Everything - what sort of question is that?

How is your house furnished? Can you describe your style? No

How about the caravan? No

Thanks again ^^

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Your English is very good, better than most English people's actually so I question how real this query is and whether or not Bailey, Swift et al may or may not have something to do with it. Still I can't see the harm so here you go:

What sort of car do you drive? Phaeton 5. 0 tdi

Why? POWER!!!

What do you like about it? 4wd and POWER!!!

What kind of phone do you use? Smart Phone

Why?Internet

What do you like about it? Wife chose it so I didn't have to!

In general, what is your favorite style of interior design? Ultra Modern

In general, what is your favorite artist? Clarkson!

In general, what is your favorite style of cooking? Takeaway

How do you cook while living in the caravan? Microwave

How would cooking be made easier? Awning dwelling Chef

Do you use the caravan as a stationary house or as a mobile thing? I prefer my bricks'n'mortar house and thus choose to tug the caravan to places!

How often do you move it? 6 times a year

Favorite/dream car? Audi A8

Favorite/dream house? Buckingham Palace in Size but brand new, about 1000 acres would be ok

What do you think about motorbikes? They have less wheels than cars, don't do so well in the snow and are cold in winter

What do you think when you see a caravan on the road? Oh look, there's a caravan, or, nothing

Where do you take your caravan? Around the UK

What is the purpose of the journey? Tourism, sport activity etc. Holiday

What is your opinion about remote control for parking the caravan? It takes ages and is hopeless on twin axles except for forwards/backwards

How does your caravan reflect you, and represent you? It shows my individuality?

Do you prefer using the facilities available at a camping site, or do you use the equipment in your caravan? Prefer to use the van

Do you stay at home or do you go abroad? UK

During which seasons do you use the caravan? Summer

Which area of the caravan do you spend the most time in? Awning, kitchen, bedroom etc? Toilet for peace and quiet!

Do you use peripheral item such as an awning/tent? Nope

What kind of caravan do you use? Brand, size etc Stealth X63 SE-L (Twin Axle)

Spontaniously Good / Bad in your caravan? All good, beautiful inside and out, loads of room for a caravan!

What do you miss from your “real home”? Space

Entertainment in a caravan, what do you do? DVD, PS3, talk to wife!

What do you do at home?

How about the caravan? Modern

Well, there you go, hope this helps!

Archived