Leave Up Or Down

den123

I'm seasonal so leave it up all season (1st March - 31st Oct). We still have access anytime to our caravan over the winter and this year's hopefully will be our first year winter caravanning however i'll be taking the awning down when the site itself closes as I didn't last year and lost a perfectly good awning due to the fact that I was busy so couldn't get up to take it down, then the snow hit so couldn't get up again, then when I did get up it was still attatched at the rail but the rest was down. I thought I could save it but there was a big tear in it at the roof when I removed one of the "slabs" of ice.

So mine will be up until the end of October before the snow hits us - hopefully!

Compass Shadow 1988

access anytime over winter dose that meen you can stay in it or just to clean etc could u stay in it for the weekend thanks

On the current site i'm on it's meant to just mean you can go up, clean, work or take away your caravan anytime over the winter but this year there's going to be work going on at some parts of the site so the owner had said if we wanted to stay in it over the winter we can as it's going to eventually be an all year site anyway, but normally it just means you can access your caravan anytime. One site we were on meant you had no access over the winter unless you had arranged with the wardens, parked the car at the gate then you could walk up as the gats stays shut

Compass Shadow 1988