Marked Wash Basin

Jon Eagle

If it's only a minor blemish, you could try carefully rubbing a small amount of Brasso on a piece of cotton wool in the affected area to smooth it, followed by a good polish. Could you have dropped something like nail varnish remover in the basin? If so it wil have reacted with the basin plasticand there is little you can do, but if the area is still smooth, you could polish with a good quality silicone polish, and try to build up a shine. You may need to prep the area by gently, and I emphasise gently, rubbing the area with a mild abrasive, such as tooth paste.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Mouthwash has the same detrimental effect as we found to our cost. I've tried all sorts to remove the mark on our grey acrylic washbasin, and now just have to live with the mark (an live without mouthwash).

Archived