Belgium - Westended

Camping Westende

Bvba Vlamynck

Westendelaan 341

8434 Westende

T. +32 (0)58 23 32 54

We used this site for a few nights at the end of the holiday before our return to the UK. The site is located a couple of hundred metres behind the main road passing through Westende. It is convenient for the tram and for exploring the area.

The site itself comprises mainly of statics. A lot of the touring pitches were at the front of the camp and appeared to be used as seasonal pitches, they did appear to be packed in a lot closer than we would expect to see back home on a CC site. We had a serviced pitch towards the back of the site, it was a reasonable size and cost 21 euros per night. There were pitches close behind us and privacy was limited.

A number of the statics and seasonal vans were older models, and this coupled with the fact the seasonal units appeared to be sited close to each other gave parts of the site an untidy look.

There was a bar and a pool on site. They were closed when we were there at the end of August, it was nearing the end of the season and things were winding down. From what I could see the pool and bar appeared well kept and clean. There was a park on site to keep the kids happy.

The toilets and showers were clean, but toilet roll and soap were not provided!! in addition, if you wanted to wash your dishes there was a charge of 60cents for hot water.

We had a tree on our pitch, unfortunately some dog owner(s) did not take their responsibilities seriously and failed to clean up after their animals defecated on our pitch - this really cheesed me off. Appreciate this wasn’t the site owners fault.

In short, I would not rush back.

M