Fed Up With White Painted Caravans?

BadbackCol

If you are a 'Celebrity' you can have any colour you fancy,according to this:

BBC TV presenter Simon King takes delivery of custom green Bailey Orion caravan .

For this project the company instead chose to coat the Bailey Orion in a distinctive dark green vinyl wrap.

http://www. caravantimes. co. uk/news/makes/bailey/orion/bbc-tv-presenter-simon-king-takes-delivery-of-custom-green-bailey-orion-caravan-$21380525. htm

Interesting or what?

Regards.

Col

Some years ago, this blue Swift motorhome popped up. It also had a green sister from memory, this was in the Bessacarr range. The blue one was "quite recently" for sale and went for silly money - well, it was advertised at silly money.

Russell

post-15168-0-31670200-1316668825_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kontiki

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Thnk this vinyl wrap is very common now. Firms such as Stobarts wrap all their vehicles - in fact they have there own in-house guys to do it. So if you want to change your colour just go to your nearest vinyl guys.

Cheers

Sid

A Stobart liveried Elddis? Nah, it'll never catch on.

Funnily enough I recall that when we had our dark grey metallic campervan there were people who suggested that some sites would refuse to allow coloured vans to pitch, they were so fixated on white. There was also a move decades back for caravans to be painted a more environmentally sensitive colour but it came to naught. In fact gardeners will know that painting something green doesn't really help it blend in to the background, whereas brown (not shed orange) is more successful as camouflage for garden accessories etc and overall more restful on the eye. Maybe a creamy brown Baileys Original :)

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

White is a new colour as caravans before the 1980 s where coloured . I wish Tabbert would give me a Paganini caravan on a long term loan . :D

Dave

Geddit?

'Baileys Original'

with two wheels :blink:

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

The first caravan we bought was a 10" sprite painted in NCB orange (£120) :) I had to spray it white with the compulsory blue flash before we dare use it :lol:

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

We have Grumpyoldman off CT stopping with us at the moment, he arrived yesterday in his new very bright white Hyundai dai Sante Fe towing an equally bright white Lunar Clubman.

He only bought the new van because when he took delivery of the new car he hated the difference in the colour of the whites between his old cream van and the (hard) bright white Sante Fe. ....................... How many other caravan owners change their vans to match their tow cars colour ??

How many other caravan owners change their vans to match their tow cars colour ??
Or indeed choose a towcar that complements the caravan coachline colours? I know some who have.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Many years ago when i worked for my Dad in the coachpainting/caravan trade we had several customers who would have their vans repainted to match their car when they changed their motor.

Forgot to add whilst my motorhome is Swift standard silver and white, the rear panel is covered with what was once a large advert for Speedferries. Sadly, they went into administration so I now have a few lines from a song on the back in addition to a picture of the SpeedOne.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

I would vinyl wrap my van black to match my car

You could try this stuff. .. Its called Di Noc made by 3m and used to wrap cars or bikes to look like carbon fibre. .. Now this was used on an old £700 mini which was then auctioned off on tv and sold for about £2500. So wrap and add value too. ...LOL. .

rooff.jpg