When Do You Call It The End Of The Season

darrenm

we have a few more weekends and also a week to come before we call it a day and put the caravan away when do people stop going away in there vans

We don't really stop using the van :) OK we use it less in the Winter due to the weather and restrictions of sites open but have already got a week booked in October, think a weekend in November but need to book, also long weekend in December booked, unsure about New Year yet, went away last year but might have the MIL with us this year. Didn't go away in January last year due to the weather but were away again in Feb for a week and then use the van from then on for most weekends and holidays.

To sum up I guess we don't use the van in Jan but never know, if the weather is better this year and we have a spare weekend then I wouldn't not go because it's January.

Winter caravanning is very different to the Summer but we enjoy it, in fact my profile pic was taken last Feb on a site in Lymington, it was absolutely freezing but we still had a laugh and that night even had the grill going outside!! Got some funny looks from people walking past :lol:

Ian

Season? <_< What season? Have to agree with SamP - van cost too much to mothball! :P

we have a few more weekends and also a week to come before we call it a day and put the caravan away when do people stop going away in there vans

Our season never ends!...The cold months accentuate evertything weather,scenery and just how snug and comfortable modern vans can be.

Jt

Coachman Pastiche

We will use our eriba any time of year as its so snug and warm, but, after us ending up in a farmer field last december thanks to black ice we will not be travelling if there is snow forecast or thick ice on the road. Thanfully we didn`t have our van with us, there was £4,500 worth of damage done to our car and it shook us up no end.

Never!

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

don't do seasons any more,these babies are not just for summer & look on UKCS these days more & more sites are now going all year, why ?? because there is a market for it, van is warmer than my house so good excuse to go away B)

When do I call it end of season. ....................?????...................when I get too old and feeble to hitch the van up, which I hope will be many years from now (after all, I'm only in my mid-60's!!).

Seriously though we caravan 12 months of the year.

OK, I'll go against the flow and say October(ish), and start again about Easter. I take my hat off to you if you caravan all year round, good luck to you, but it's not for me. We may use it at Christmas in the back garden if we run out of beds, but that's it.

I believe Cadburys take Creme Eggs off the shelves for some months of the year, and relaunch them each year. That's how I feel about caravanning. I look forward to starting again in Spring after a lay off. Heading for the continent in May next year instead of June. Some of the sites were very crowded this year with retired baby boomers like me.

If you are Christmas caravanner (I think there's a thread running somewhere) my best wishes, I hope you have a great time.

Gordon

For us it is the missus that decides when the season ends. She has a fear of being in a caravan that is blown over by the wind. So as soon as the windy season comes, thats it. Mind you this year there has been wind at unexpected times. :(

And no, I don't mean the botty kind!!! :blink:

Edited by Seaman

Our season ends 31st of December. Next season starts 1st of January. ...

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

Never ends for us, agree with the rest warmer in the van than at home, should be when you have spent 20k plus Will be off at 1pm Christmas Eve should be on site about 2 30pm just in time to have the awning up, then settle down for a wail of a time at Christmas and through to New Year. Nothing like waking up to frosty mornings and good walk with the dogs bere breakfast, hope it wasn't like last year just managed to get their due to the heavy snow. We are lucky we only live 40 minutes from the peak district will be at Blackshaw moore CC for the duration before it shuts its gates on the 2cnd of Jan.

NigelH

Spent a lovely couple of weeks over Christmas last year in the west country. Deep snow all around, and the site was very icy, but hey, it was winter! What do you expect?

Even our first little "summer only" single glazed 2 berth 'van was used all year round and we were snug as a bug. ..

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Hi All,

If we can --we will ! We do club rallys ( North Wales D/A ) had some fun ! however we are giving up with our lunar clubman 2011 with all its problems and going for a coachman with the so called blown air heating, only thing we notice coming out of the vents in past vans with this system was --- cold air ! so will see if this grade 3 insulating is as good as we hope.

cheers david1220

Edited by david 1220

pack some warm clothes, extra blankets / bedding. Insulate the aquaroll and the pipe into the van, take a wee dram to warm the cockles, then enjoy your van all year round. we only stopped last year when the snow was 2 ft deep, but other than keep going and have some fun in the snow.

Smiley don't know what you are missing, its quieter and still loads to see. We take walks we took in the summer, you wouldn't believe how different it looks, especially October early November colours are fantastic, if you are lucky and in an area where their are deer, listen to the rutting calls, Red Squirrels busily collecting nuts, sat once watching 3 or 4 of them for an hour at Formby point.

NigelH

we usually knock it on the head end of november then start again mid to end of january .