Hobby Electricity Supply And Distribution

twiggs

I wonder if there are and engineers here who may have an electronic schematic diagram of the relay board and PSU (prestige 720umf 2008) ?

I need to redesign a new electrical system and want to arm myself with a full tool kit of information before I start.

I wonder if there are and engineers here who may have an electronic schematic diagram of the relay board and PSU (prestige 720umf 2008) ?

I need to redesign a new electrical system and want to arm myself with a full tool kit of information before I start.

As a Hobby owner since 2003 I am familiar with the electrics up to the 2006 models. The transformer up to the 2004 models could be opened but if your 720 has the Dometic transformer this is a switch mode sealed unit providing 400 watts at 12 volts. What redesign do you have in mind? Converting the existing set up to provide for a battery and charger is relatively easy without major changes as, without a mains supply the transformer switches back to battery input via the 13 pin car socket. This can be modified to incorporate a caravan battery. ..

Hammers, nails, lots of silver foil and a dammed sight more info than i could give you. Follow Beejays suggestions, the dogs bol**ks on Hobby every thing.

nigel

NIGEL129 Hobby 495 Ufe (2003)

Powrtouch HD BP GAS Lite User Toyota Surf 2. 4 Tug,

• 9 months later...

The main problem was that the + and - printed on the box was the wrong way round. Anyway I gave up and fitted a blade fuse box and normal switches on each light. I don't have the caravan any more, but I've still got the original electrical PSU and relay box.

Maybe whoever kicked it would want them to put back in, to sell to sell the van. If that was you, why not drop me a line and I'll bring them round;)