2012 Unicorn, What Are The Changes?

xtrailman

I have seen 2012 Valencias advertised, but no mention of any changes, even on the Bailey site.

Anyone know?

Edited by xtrailman

Bailey dont do "2011"/"2012"/"2013" vans like other manufacturers. They used to do "series" back in the old days of the old manufacturing method. I think they are doing the same for Alu-tech. After all, they did a Pegagsus 2 and a Olympus 2. they've announced nothing about a Unicorn 2 so it is safe to assume that their is nothing new on a Unicorn now that wasnt on it when it launched. Unless they have made an announcement I have missed!

Noseweights are not an issue now as the battery box has been moved to the fixed bed area - this was done during 2011

Shame it cannot be made available as a modification to early van owners. .......

This is probably my only criticism of the Valencia and it is a real pain!!

Edited by wiz2003

Shame it cannot be made available as a modification to early van owners. .......

This is probably my only criticism of the Valencia and it is a real pain!!

Its a criticism of all early alu-tech vans

MarkE

You are absolutely right that Bailey don`t make changes to necessarily correspond to model years. This of course does not stop Dealers reffering to "2012 model" etc to suit their marketing strategy.

There have been a number of changes to the first Unicorns however, I know this as I have an early one, including revised upper kitchen locker doors with more positive catches, replacement of side reflectors with lights and, as mentioned, resiting of the battery box to the rear of the Valencia under bed locker rather than to the front of it. I believe the shape of the front protection panels has also been altered to look neater.

There may be other changes which I haven`t noticed ? I don`t think Bailey formally announce the changes.

Oh, and by the way, can we expect a "Unicorn 2" next Spring, with a revised look to follow Pegasus 2 and Olympus 2 ?

Bob

Edited by Bob From Dunstable

MarkE

You are absolutely right that Bailey don`t make changes to necessarily correspond to model years. This of course does not stop Dealers reffering to "2012 model" etc to suit their marketing strategy.

There have been a number of changes to the first Unicorns however, I know this as I have an early one, including revised upper kitchen locker doors with more positive catches, replacement of side reflectors with lights and, as mentioned, resiting of the battery box to the rear of the Valencia under bed locker rather than to the front of it. I believe the shape of the front protection panels has also been altered to look neater.

There may be other changes which I haven`t noticed ? I don`t think Bailey formally announce the changes.

Oh, and by the way, can we expect a "Unicorn 2" next Spring, with a revised look to follow Pegasus 2 and Olympus 2 ?

Bob

Hi Mark - Did the heating change in the bathroom in the Valencia during 2011 ?

Hi Mark - Did the heating change in the bathroom in the Valencia during 2011 ?

Yes, I think you are right. I overlooked that one. I believe a "radiator" was added under the towel rail,

Bob

Noseweights are not an issue now as the battery box has been moved to the fixed bed area - this was done during 2011

So its the same upholstery for 2012 ?

I appear to have all the changes to date apart from the battery box further back.

Took delivery in Feb.

Edited by xtrailman

New hitch but thats on all models for 2012 and other Manufacturers

Had a nose round a new Valencia on Saturday. Only two changes I could see from the one we bought in April was the battery box has swopped places with the underbed storage locker & the towel rail over the bathroom heated towel rail is curved instead of square. Everything else looked exactly the same which is pity because I would have liked to see the tap in the bathroom sink swivel.

Why change something, when it is a best seller, outselling all other vans. ...According to my dealer. ....

Mick

How else can dealers sell a 2012 model, when a 2011 is virtually the same, but around £5k cheaper?

Some one recently posted having bought a Valencia for ( 2011) for £15K all in.

Edited by xtrailman

My dealer is selling Valencia's for £700 more than last year £17,500. Not £5000. No way should anyone pay 5K more for a 12MY. Haggle is the word. ...

Mick

We have paid £11,250 plus our van, and an extra 850. 00 for the mover. What the trade in for our van is seems to vary dealer to dealer, from £6,100 to £7,700 with the ones we spoke to. Thier 2011 factory fresh vans are up for £19,700 and the 2012 models around £20,340. All that matters is we were happy with the deal, if we paid too much thats life! On the other side we tried selling private for a sensible price and only had one enquiry, so a trade in was the only option.

How else can dealers sell a 2012 model, when a 2011 is virtually the same, but around £5k cheaper?

Same as cars I guess - you get a new registration plate every 6 months but manufacturers don't update the features every 6 months. Only difference is the price you pay new and then get when you trade-in. There is more of a marked difference in price though with caravans - with cars you don't know how long the vehicle's been sat in a compound, so you could be getting one 12 months old, but newly registered at today's prices. At least with caravans dealers openly discount the previous year's models.

Edited by Glen and Les

Just wondering if the Unicorn now has an awning rail on both sides? Haven't seen the latest ones but the display models I have seen have just one. I note the Pegasus 2 now has them on both sides. Not a gripe for me but some people like the option.

Cheers Anorak