Water Supply Problems Amara 380/2

davetree

hi

new poster,

just been away for a weekend in our 2 year old amara 380/2, when we set up i connected the water supply as normal and my wife turned on the pump as we have done dozens of times, but water was sent back out through a clear plastic pipe, which i take to be an overflow pipe (its not the drain off pipe), some water got to the taps but it kept flowing out of this pipe. i contacted truma and they told me that i need to replace the hot water elbow joint. this sounds ok but then i think wouldnt an elbow joint just allow water through or does it have a stop valve or non return onit ? . has anybody else had this problem or have any advice. i store my van so i can not access it that easily, but any tips on fitting this or what to expext from a servicing agent would be appreciated

cheers

dave

I wonder if there is a non return before the pressure switch and another after it at the hot water elbow to stop the hot water going back to the switch.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

hi brian

my van is two years and 4 months old. leisure sales in cheshire where i have booked it in have said they will check on the warranty, however in the paperwork i have it states that truma give a two year warranty. i just wonder if its ajob i could do myself to save money.

thanks for reading my post brian

dave

To remove a pipe connector get an open ended spanner the same size as the pipe diameter.

Slide it up to the ring in the end of the fitting and push at the same time as pulling the pipe.

Does that make sense?

If you feel OK with that push the pipe back in and it will lock again. Buy the bits you need and of you go. :)

Welcome to the 380/2 friends

Edited by Lefthand Down

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Welcome to the 380/2 friends

An elite group B)

Edited by LePhantom

Coachman Amara 380/2

It sounds like you have a drain off valve open to me! Look under the bunk and see if you have a yellow coloured lever that is 'standing up'. If it is, flap it down horizontal (should be spring loaded) and the water will flow as normal. If it is not this then ***** knows :blink:

Martin W

Discovery D3 HSE + Coachman VIP 575/4 2016

www.pennplanning.co.uk