Dents In Side Of Van

Halohodge

After the recent gales my porch awning has made 3 small dents in the side of the van caused by the top flexible rail banging into the bodywork,anybody got any ideas how I might remove the dents and also how I can stop it occurring again.

Halohodge

Put a bit off pipe lagging on the ends

And i would leave the dents alone

Bet most of us has some

True, my 'van has loads of wee dents in it over the years but I just leave them cos I think that's the best way. The thing is you can get dents from hail, stones on the road when towing, warden cutting the grass and hits a stone etc so it's not just the awning poles that will cause the dents :)

Compass Shadow 1988

,anybody got any ideas how I might remove the dents.

You can't remove dents in caravan bodywork like you can in car panels. The caravan's aluminium skin stretches into the dent so the only solution is to fill it and repaint - or camouflage it with badge, reflector or decal.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Thanks for suggestions, if I stuck a pad on the van with electrical tape to stop the buffering would removing the tape cause the paint to peel, I know it might leave a mark but turps could remove it afterwards.

Speaking of wind it's been windy all day here again :rolleyes:

Compass Shadow 1988

After the recent gales my porch awning has made 3 small dents in the side of the van caused by the top flexible rail banging into the bodywork,anybody got any ideas how I might remove the dents and also how I can stop it occurring again.

Halohodge

What type of awning?

We used a similar awning for 3 years and in some pretty strong winds. Having been prewarned we used two thick sponge pan scrubs. One under each end. Sponge to van and scouring surface to pole. No dents in 30 weeks of use,

Easy T,

Thanks for the suggestion,I will give that try.

Archived