Elddis Open Day

We would like to thank all our customers who took the time to visit us at the Factory last weekend.

I hope that everyone who attended found in not only enjoyable bur also informative.

We will be studying all the feedback forms we received and they will be considered during the next development process.

Again many thanks for taking time to visit us but if you missed out this time we will be repeating the open weekend in the future.

Regards

David Whitehead

Homologation Manager

Elddis

Edited by Explorer Group

From 22/05/15 no longer working for Elddis

well that's a fancy title Homologation manager, i personally had not got a clue what it meant. . so for those of you, like me, here is the definition

Homologation (from the verb homologate, meaning to approve or confirm officially) is the certification of a product or specification to indicate that it meets regulatory standards. There are companies that specialize in helping manufacturers achieve regulatory compliance. Their services might include the explanation and interpretation of standards and specifications, assistance in plant facility audit and approval, testing and certification of materials, product design consulting, and translation of manuals, legal mandates and other written material.

and i still haven't got a clue !!!

Tony G

Kia Sorrento 2. 5 CDi 59 plate Towing 2011 Swift Conqueror 645

I find that amusing as my OH is a Homologation manager . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

We would like to thank all our customers who took the time to visit us at the Factory last weekend.

I hope that everyone who attended found in not only enjoyable bur also informative.

We will be studying all the feedback forms we received and they will be considered during the next development process.

Again many thanks for taking time to visit us but if you missed out this time we will be repeating the open weekend in the future.

Regards

David Whitehead

Homologation Manager

Elddis

Hi David. I for one found the day a very enjoyable and informative one. The visit into the factory was most interesting and informative at the hands of John Watson (Team Leader). It was nice to meet up and chat again with Alan Bateman. It was a pleasure to see the lady behind the voice of Kirsty.

I myself would be particularly interested in a layout in the format of the Elddis Crusader Cyclone/Compass Rallye 644 on the Avante 624 chassis. With the improvements in the weight saving and the Avante twin axle already giving the competition a run for their money it would stand to be a winner with the more mature caravanner that wants the added advantage of 'No Mountain Climbing' in the early hours combined with the extra room/space that a twin axle has to offer. This when added to the more stable towing put a large family estate car back into the usability bracket instead of being cornered into a 4x4 Chelsea Tractor.

In conclusion,our 2001 Elddis Crusader SuperSirocco is a very fine caravan and at 10yrs old still turns heads and is the subject of many an interesting conversation. At MiRO 1426kgs and MTPLM 1750kgs it was a very desirable and tow-able large twin axle caravan and still is, on the back of our 2000 Volvo V70 2. 4 SE Geartronic it tows very stable at 97. 5%.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.