Avondale Rialto 530/5

TheBoulds

We previously posted about the uncomfortable front bed on our Avondale. Well as update we have gone and bitten the bullet and booked her in for a refit with CAREAVAN on 3 March 2012.

The guys there are sure that they can solve the problem and she will come out with new cushions, fabric, curtains and pelmets !

So excited as we love the rest of the van .

I hope the refit goes well, and you're as happy with the result, as you are excited with the prospect. :D

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

• 6 months later...

We previously posted about the uncomfortable front bed on our Avondale. Well as update we have gone and bitten the bullet and booked her in for a refit with CAREAVAN on 3 March 2012.

Hi how did the refit go? I found this thread as I have a Rialto with an uncomfortable bed. Did this fix it and how much would the bed only cost? Considering an Ikea topper.

Love the van apart from that!

I have a Rialto with an uncomfortable bed. Considering an Ikea topper.

I too have a Rialto - an 11 year old one. As I caravan on my own, I only use it as a single bed. I have a 1" mattress topper on it, plus a Duvalay which has it's own 1"" memory foam mattress. I find it superbly comfortable.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Yes if we get backache again the topper will be bought. The rear dinette makes a more comfortable bed but that is for the kids. Front has problem of cushions moving.

Guys, sorry for delay, we weighed the pros and cons, Careavan were very honest and said they couldnt guarantee that the refit would solve the issue. we also spoke with 5 dealers all who confirmed that this was an issue with L shaped lounge (funny it was never mentioned when we bought the van).

Long and short of it is that in the end we decided that it wasnt, worth spending £3000 on something that might not work, and so swapped the van !

Thanks for letting us know. I first found this thread with a google search so it is good to know what happened.

Hope the new van is great!

Edited by TinTop