Who's Off Where This Weekend ?

Just Booked Thomaston Farm CS, Nr Culzean Castle, Ayrshire for 3 nights. Surprisingly got on no bother. Looking out ma window though its a blustery dreach auld day. :mellow: Lets hope the weather does not jeopardize my break. Its only an hour away but I'm still looking forward to my sea views of the Firth of Clyde, Arran and the Mull of Kintyre. ......Can't sit here all day. Back to the Hoovering and the Dusting !!! ;)

Grumpy Auld Smeesh. ....... :angry:

Ace Jubilee Statesman . ....... Jaguar S Type 2. 7d SE Auto Sport . .....

Bainbridge Ings near Hawes. Me and a chum in the caravan, two other chums in an ancient VW campervan. Walking is the theory, might end up with more drinking instead.

sounds good either way! ;)

I'm not off anywhere. ..having caravan serviced this week now I'm skint! :(

Edited by sprite

Haggerston Castle, my sister and their friends are also taking their vans. Should be a good laugh.

Hi All,

Taking the caravan back to the dealers again this time, to get it re- sealed after water came in on our last trip away, 114 miles round trip, good dealer though,they had a barbie last weekend the owner & wife did the cooking while waiting talked caravans/dealers, try doing that at a large multi dealer ! ( caravan lunar clubman e. s. 2011 model )

If we get it back in time for half term break its off to a T. H. S . outside Belper, They can have rides on tramcars ( Shouglies as Smeesh would say ! ) and enjoy the other things in the area. Right i am off back to the milling machine .

david 1220.

Edited by david 1220

Meeting up with friends on Saturday at Pickering, not taking the van though as not worth it for one night. Can't go Friday as my sister and brother in law are incoveniently getting married and we're expected to go to the 'do!' :(

Won't be far from you Janet. We're ( me and my little'un ) are off in the tent to Pexton Moor Farm, Thornton le Dale, just outside Pickering.

Going for the Yorkshire Rally, which runs through the Dalby forest. The site is right at the public entrance to the forest, so it was a great find!

We are off to Rookesbury CC site Southampton. Stayed for one night in the area on the way back from the IOW last year and said we would definitely go back for longer to explore Gosport, Chichester etc etc and it's also well timed as the boat show is running in Southampton till Sunday as well (total coincidence ;) )

Will either leave Thurs night or first thing on Friday back either Monday or Tuesday.

Ian

Tomorrow I travel to Warwickshire to collect the caravan from dealer after it has had interior and exterior rear panels replaced - all under the Bailey water ingress warranty, which was transferred from the original owner when I bought the used 'van from the same dealer a couple of years ago.

Two nights in Oxfordshire, though on Friday we will be travelling north to Lancashire to attend a funeral.

Saturday travel to Devon to spend 7 nights on a CC site before returning to Oxfordshire for three nights.

going to west ayton CC at scarborough for the weekend :)

Won't be far from you Janet. We're ( me and my little'un ) are off in the tent to Pexton Moor Farm, Thornton le Dale, just outside Pickering.

Going for the Yorkshire Rally, which runs through the Dalby forest. The site is right at the public entrance to the forest, so it was a great find!

We used to go to Sally's all the time when we first started until about 3 years ago (when Pete died). The daughter took over and it was never the same, cramming too many vans on for a CS. Shame really as I did love that site, especially with the forest on the doorstep. Maybe we'll do back one day. Incidentally how much do they charge now they've built new toilets etc?

We're off from Friday until Sunday on a C&CC rally at Yew Tree Farm, Bewdley, Worcs.

EHU for a change on this rally, Bewdley with the steam railway and river Severn down the road and a good pub with a carvery next door through the gate from the site. Social with live entertainment in the village hall on Saturday night and all day Sunday to chill out with the caravan storage only half an hour from the site.

Off to Blackmore CC site at Malvern on Sunday for seven nights. Probably my last trip out this year due to other commitments so happy and sad at the same time.

Hope you enjoy Thomaston Farm ;). .......I'm off to Troutbeck Head, eldest daughter and her boyfriend staying Friday night and friends staying Saturday night, with a wee trip to Taste Cumbria at Cockermouth thrown in at some point :)

Oh, should have said but you probably know, some caravans got blown over at The Ranch which is only 5 mins away from Thomaston Farm. It's also a bit high up (hence the good views!)...... so be careful out there!

Don't know how much for a van as we take a tent, ( boys' "adventurous" weekend.) Tents are £10 per night without hook-up etc.

We haven't found it overly busy, but then again, late September, I suppose there's no much demand.

Toilets are basic, but fit for purpose.