Cleaning The Van

trevorrey

Ive been a busy little bee today cleaning the roof of my caravan, well what parts i can reach anyway. I have T. Cutted the

roof and then waxed it but the bits i cant get to look terrible now.

Anybody got any good ideas as to how im gonna t cut the bits i cant reach?

Get a mop with a cloth tied onto it and buff away? B)

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

The joys of a Burstner. You can crawl all over the roof quite safely and reach the parts other caravanners can't reach!

Well, I don't know if its a sensible thing to do but I go on the roof of our van to clean it!! I get the job as I'm about 3 stone lighter than HWMBO (it was my idea I must add). OH has to stand at the top of the ladder to help me back down (he keeps threatening to clear off and leave me up there) and if I'm putting polish on the roof it gets a bit scary sliding about :o

Callendula,

you dont fancy coming and sitting on my roof do you?

ill pay the going rate

If I stand on steps with my waste level with the roof, by leaning over the roof with my stomach on the awning rail, I can reach beyond the centre of the caravan (including our previous wide body one) and by cleaning a small section at a time can T-cut and polish the complete roof. The hardest part is around, and under the overlap of, the various sky lights and TV aerial.

Thankfully I can safely stand on our current motorhome, and the manufacturer has thoughtfully provided an access ladder on the rear wall.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Callendula,

you dont fancy coming and sitting on my roof do you?

ill pay the going rate

Eeek no! lol. I brave it on our roof as a labour of love (for the van that is) :wub:

Well, I don't know if its a sensible thing to do but I go on the roof of our van to clean it!! I get the job as I'm about 3 stone lighter than HWMBO (it was my idea I must add). OH has to stand at the top of the ladder to help me back down (he keeps threatening to clear off and leave me up there) and if I'm putting polish on the roof it gets a bit scary sliding about :o

I'm shorter & lighter than OH but I still don't have the balls to crawl over the roof :huh: A ladder and as LD says, a mop and cloth :D

Compass Shadow 1988

Bloomin' edges of the sky lights shred yer hands - i was bleedin' to death when I cleaned the roof last. All they need to do is just curve the edges a bit when manufacturing the things instead of leaving them razor sharp . .. !!! And the front windows !!! Scarred for life I am ! :rolleyes:

Archived