Best Way To Sell A Used Awning

Bob From Dunstable

We have a Quest Sandringham size 13 very little used.

Any advice on how and where to achieve a reasonable sale price would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

I sold my last NR Awning on eBay and was pleased with the result.

Can't recall what time of year I sold mine. ... but it might be worth waiting until early spring. . when people's minds turn towards caravnning. . at the moment I expect everyone is thinking about the expense of Christmas!!!

Just a thought.

G.

We sold ours on eBay but it took a few listings. The purchaser paid extra for us to arrange a courier, which cost £25. Went very smoothly in the end.

We sold ours on eBay but it took a few listings. The purchaser paid extra for us to arrange a courier, which cost £25. Went very smoothly in the end.

Have bought and sold several on e-bay. Put up pictures and give a clear and accurate description of size, condition, any damage etc. And don't make it for collection only or you limit your market. Couriers are very easy to organise (order up the courier online by midnight for collection next day) and cheap - I've never paid more than £7. 50 (even when I sent an oven!) but I think the price rises for parcels above 25kg. You have to be available to hand over the parcel in business hours but this can be done from a home or work address. Or you can arrange to leave it with a neighbour or in a porch etc for collection. Get an online quote here: http://www. parcel2go. com/

Not going minimalist after all are you Bob?

i currently have my size 13 on gumtree,only used once & wont fit my new van, not had any calls yet

As a result of changing my van, I have recently bought a porch awning via a trader on E bay, I also sold a full size awning via a Classified ad and I am now currently looking to buy a used full size which will fit my new van.

To sell your awning, you have a number of options and the first is E bay. I have been following the site, and purchase prices seem to vary, some awnings move quickly even for a high price and some are re advertised repeatedly after attracting low bids. As mentioned earlier, you will need to consider using a courier as failing to do so may limit your options.

This forum has a classified section and I had some interest after posting my awning here, but we couldn't agree a price and there was no sale.

I recently sold an awning which was in excellent condition after advertising it on Preloved and Caravan Club Classifieds (the latter is linked to Caravan Selecta). Setting up an account was easy and all the correspondence with perspective buyers was initially conducted via e mail. There are other sites like Freeads, UKCS and Motoring Friday which you can look at.

With regards to pricing, if you do a lot of research you can get a good idea of what the awning is worth and set a price from there. If i am honest, i think it my awning was worth a bit more than I got for it, but at the end of the day you will only get what someone was prepared to pay.

You may be better off waiting until spring, but then again if you have the right product and someone wants it you may get what you want now.

M

I

Edited by majorraglan

Thank you everybody for your responses which are very helpful.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

It looks like Ebay will be favourite and probably best to wait until spring.

No, Lottie, not going minimalist, at least for now. We changed the caravan and the awning won`t fit without alterations costing about £130 so we used a Sunncamp 260 as a stop gap. Having used it we find that it provides nearly all we need (a 390 would be ideal) so we have decided to sell the Sandringham.

Thanks again everyone,

Bob

Definitely Spring . I bought an awning for £35. 00 that was near new and worth £100. 00+ off season, the chap who sold it to me got an earful from his wife apparently,

not a nice thing for him but I didn`t offer any extra !