Citroen C8 Roof Bars

sulyka

Our C8 comes without roof bars but we want to fit a roof box so need to fit roof bars. Has any member done this and if so can you tell me what to do with the plastic insert in the track that runs the length of the roof on each side. I think it's called "T" Track. My problem is that I don't want to pull it off and then find I may have damaged it. Any advice/sensible comments gratefully received.

Roger

It is indeed called a T-track. I believe the plastic insert pulls off revealing the track. You can get T-track bars from a variety of places, or from Citroen if you are loaded and want the factory streamlined look.

My C8 came with bars B):D

Thank you Col and Hawkaye,

I knew someone on here would have the answers and I am very grateful.

Definately will not go for the Citroen option, I am thinking about the German make Atera, they get good reviews and are much cheaper than the others whilst still appearing to maintain a reasonable quality. Hope so anyway.

Thanks again,

Roger

Hi Roger.

If you look at this:

http://www. towequipe. ..pv-2003-on. html

you will see how the roof bars fit on your C8.

HTH.

Regards.

Col

They look very similar to those stash in my shed doing nothing. ... They off a BMW saloon e46. .. Try and find out if they fit the C8. Could do you a very cheap deal. Only been on the car 3 times. ..

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

Our C8 comes without roof bars but we want to fit a roof box so need to fit roof bars. Has any member done this and if so can you tell me what to do with the plastic insert in the track that runs the length of the roof on each side. I think it's called "T" Track. My problem is that I don't want to pull it off and then find I may have damaged it. Any advice/sensible comments gratefully received.

Roger

I have an unused set of roof bars for the C8 and Fiat/Peugeot variants. They are Sieppa (French) brand.

Edit: Just realised you are in Northern France!

Edited by beejay

Have a look on the Thule site. you may need footpads & bars. I had a C5 and that did. You will probably find that there are small sections of the track that will be removable to fit the footpads.

fittings vary car to car

Coachman Pastiche tugged by Mazda CX-7, Wine supplied by Sainsburys & sunday Times wine Club.

Thanks everyone for your input/offers. Have ordered a set of bars and should receive them in the next couple of days.

Sorry Beejay but ordered them before I read your reply, could have done us both a favour. Hope you can find a buyer.

Thanks again,

Roger

Thanks everyone for your input/offers. Have ordered a set of bars and should receive them in the next couple of days.

Sorry Beejay but ordered them before I read your reply, could have done us both a favour. Hope you can find a buyer.

Thanks again,

Roger

And I was so looking forward to delivering them personally :(

• 4 months later...

Just as an aside if anyone else has a roof barless C8, if you pull off the plastic track you will reveal only metal studs, the T track has to be ordered and fitted to the car (removing the screws and metal studs leaves a lot of little holes so be sure to use Sikaflex to line the screw threads with or you will get a wet roof very quickly. Pug offer the parts cheaper than Citroen for some reason.

Thule do a set that will fit the roof without the T tracks, or you can search the scrappers - I was lucky enough to find a freshly scrapped C8 Executive/ Exclusive so had the bars, alloys and a few other bits to upgrade my SX. I can supply detailed instructions on how to fit if needed.

try Ebay or failiong that Thule usually do kit for most cars.

With thule you buy a footpad which is car specific and then the roof bars, ( Always plenty of roof bars on Ebay, just check length is correct, though going a bit over recomended length wont harm. I used the extra length to enable to get Skiis on as well as 3 bikes on racks.

Coachman Pastiche tugged by Mazda CX-7, Wine supplied by Sainsburys & sunday Times wine Club.

try Ebay or failiong that Thule usually do kit for most cars.

With thule you buy a footpad which is car specific and then the roof bars,

And a fixing kit. ... three items - foot - kit - bars - to a Thule roof rack. ....it does add up Thule lot of money :D

• 3 months later...

Just as an aside if anyone else has a roof barless C8, if you pull off the plastic track you will reveal only metal studs, the T track has to be ordered and fitted to the car (removing the screws and metal studs leaves a lot of little holes so be sure to use Sikaflex to line the screw threads with or you will get a wet roof very quickly. Pug offer the parts cheaper than Citroen for some reason.

Thule do a set that will fit the roof without the T tracks, or you can search the scrappers - I was lucky enough to find a freshly scrapped C8 Executive/ Exclusive so had the bars, alloys and a few other bits to upgrade my SX. I can supply detailed instructions on how to fit if needed.

Hi Hotel3, I've just bought C8 T-track and roof bars from a scrappie, expecting them to be delivered any day. I'd be very appreciative if you could explain how you removed the plastic track and fitted the T-track, as I can't find instructions on the web and want to make sure I do it without compromising the integrity of the roof?

I'd be very appreciative if you could explain how you removed the plastic track and fitted the T-track,

Can't help with the instructions but this blow-up and parts list may help

post-261-0-50888600-1338110431_thumb.jpg

post-261-0-09081500-1338110824_thumb.jpg

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

• 1 year later...

On the back of what jayemkay asked. Can anyone help with advice on removal of plastic tracks and fitting of the t- tracks. Info from jay dug was great but would love some simple instructions. ...cheers.