Magnum Classic 534 (compass Omega 534)

Falconer

Hi all, I have the above van that is fitted with a Truma Ultraheat 2kw electric and gas fire.

I am experiencing problems when used with the electric setting in as much as the fire keeps going off, or failing to come on.

I think its the thermocoupler? as i can hear it keep clicking and sometimes it will come on, other times it comes on but then goes off after a while and again i can hear the constant clicking.

I mentioned this recently to my dealer whilst it was being serviced whom simply informed me "They dont last for ever you know" my van is a 2006 model bought from new (never again??) I was then informed that it couldnt be repaired and i need a new fire.

Surely this cant be the case and that a fix or repair can be achieved, does anyone know a way round this, im ok with diy so happy to take the casing off and have a bash at it?

Thanks in advance

Keith (aka Falconer2406)

Try connecting Gary of Arc systems who is a member on this site as he amy be able to help.

Marc

I'm presuming yours has auto ignition if you say you can hear it clicking? It sounds to me like the igniter box is faulty. Take the front off the fire and down on the bottom left is a black box, some have batteries some don't. Sounds like this box needs replacing. If you give me a call we can send you one in the post. 01952 610006

I'm presuming yours has auto ignition if you say you can hear it clicking? It sounds to me like the igniter box is faulty. Take the front off the fire and down on the bottom left is a black box, some have batteries some don't. Sounds like this box needs replacing. If you give me a call we can send you one in the post. 01952 610006

Hi many thanks for this advice also thanks to other respondents, i am back home tomorrow so will take front off and see what i find, i will give you a call (leawood) when i return. Can you offer a contact name please?

Regards

Keith

Hi many thanks for this advice also thanks to other respondents, i am back home tomorrow so will take front off and see what i find, i will give you a call (leawood) when i return. Can you offer a contact name please?

Regards

Keith

Hi you can contact us on 01952 610006 mon-fri and its myself Leah or Mike you need to speak to.

Hi All,

Ok I now have the front of the fire and in the bottom left hand corner is a black box that holds a single AA battery, the battery tests as full power.

I am making the assumption that the battery provides the necessary power for the ignitor when the fire runs on gas?

Up until recently i have had no problems in running on gas but now find i cant?

Normally i would turn the gas knob on the right of the fire to its start/ingintion position and press it down, holding this down would cause the ingnitor to constantly spark and after a while the gas pilot would eventually light, once lit i would wait for the thermocouple to glow and then i could release the knob and turn the gas to whatever setting i required.

Now when i turn the knob nothing happens, the battery is fine so unsure where to go now, any ideas please? could it be the the problems are connected?

Stuck!!!

Keith

NB Posted elsewhere

When you took the fire front off did you replace the earth lead back to the switch for the gas igniter?

regarding the problem with the electrics, the man you need for advice is Gary at http://www. arcsystems. biz/

I had my fire sorted out years ago (same problem) & its still working fine. I had the remote sensor fitted & new control panel fitted under warranty,

I can't understand what the consent clicking is when it on electric, but I know a man who will. ... give Gary a ring for advice if he doesn't pick up the post on here.

maybe if the post said truma fire problems he'd notice

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)