Slightly Confused ?

Bobby Brocklebank

Had a friendly Chat with the owner of the Storage facility I use the other day after picking my Van up for servicing. He was telling me after years of having a healthy Waiting List for Storage he now has space available. He reckoned due to the financial climate owners were either giving it up or storing there Units at home to cut costs. Interestingly when I arrived at my local Dealership (Duncans) with ma Van counted at least ten 2012 Models with sold Signs on them at the entrance and more pre-ordered Sold Vans up the back of the compound. What Credit Crunch I ask myself ? Confused !!

Grumpy Auld Smeesh. ....... :angry:

Ace Jubilee Statesman . ......... Jaguar S Type 2. 7d SE Auto Sport . .......

we have some friends who are considering that but imho it takes the touring out of owning a touring van. we use cls now,the saving on stopping on club sites pays for the diesel and the peace :rolleyes: lovely

Hi Stuey,

Used two CS's for the first time this year. Absolutely outstanding. Can appreciate why THE MEMBERSHIP like to keep there locations secret plus none of the daily Hassles you read on our Forum. I think this Winter we will put the Van on Brighouse Bay for the Winter Season. Can get there in 90 minutes all facilities are open all year but the Site itself is practically empty. Usually get the pool to ourselves. There is a 4 year old Bailey on the storage facility I use. It has been out once since new. Covered in green moss from top to bottom and as damp as the bathroom sponge. Absolute shame. :( Would make a great doner van for some one. Apparently the ownership is in dispute due to a bitter divorce proceeding. ...............

Grumpy Auld Smeesh. .............. :angry:

Ace Jubilee Statesman . ........ Jaguar S Type 2. 7d SE Auto Sport . .........

What Credit Crunch I ask myself ? Confused !!

Grumpy Auld Smeesh. ....... :angry:

Ace Jubilee Statesman . ......... Jaguar S Type 2. 7d SE Auto Sport . .......

We are the ones trying to boost the economy!

We have recently ( july ) bought a new van. I have wanted a caravan for a few years now, after a holiday in Estartit, where we were in a hotel opposite a large campsite & realised how much fun everyone was having.

My wife was a little unsure, but after we looked at the rising costs of euro holidays, we decided to take the plunge into buying a caravan.

I have friends who have either done the same or are seriously thinking about buying caravan this or next year. I think there must be other people doing the same too, as the dealer we bought our caravan from said they were selling 'em as quick as they could get them in.

Guest SimplySimon

Personally I wouldn't dream of wintering our van on any one site. The main reason being I wouldn't know which one to choose! We'll be visiting between 7 and 9 different sites before the next 'season' gets under way.

Austerity? I'll have some of that… so long as it doesn't cost too much!

Probably find people aren't storing their vans in storage because they don't enjoy towing.

We are the ones trying to boost the economy!

We have recently ( july ) bought a new van. I have wanted a caravan for a few years now, after a holiday in Estartit, where we were in a hotel opposite a large campsite & realised how much fun everyone was having.

My wife was a little unsure, but after we looked at the rising costs of euro holidays, we decided to take the plunge into buying a caravan.

I have friends who have either done the same or are seriously thinking about buying caravan this or next year. I think there must be other people doing the same too, as the dealer we bought our caravan from said they were selling 'em as quick as they could get them in.

Hi Hopes Dad, Do you remember what caravan site you were near, We have been on the La Sirena site in Estartit every couple of years since the 70s. We were last there on a motorcycle rally in 2009. This for us is one of the nicest sites on the Costa Brava being both in the town as well as on the beach with superb prices to match. Have you any plans for making a trip there with your van ?

Hi Hopes Dad, Do you remember what caravan site you were near, We have been on the La Sirena site in Estartit every couple of years since the 70s. We were last there on a motorcycle rally in 2009. This for us is one of the nicest sites on the Costa Brava being both in the town as well as on the beach with superb prices to match. Have you any plans for making a trip there with your van ?

Hi Megladon, I think the hotel was called Festamar, it is the last hotel in the resort & overlooks the first campsite.

Our balcony looked out onto the site & we fondly remember all the vans with led lights on & loads of children running around & families playing games all evening.

Yes, we would like to plan a trip their next year, but need to check finances first, we may end up in Brittany. But my choice would be estartit, togo diving on the excellent medes isles & also for the great beach & laid back life in the town.

Thanks for the advice, I wil check out the site

Hi smeesh,

Spent the weekend at our dealers looking at coachmam Amara at their barbie weekend, thing is they had quite a few Lunar, Bailey, coachman 2011 models much reduced, seem to think around 21or 22 vans in total . We are putting our 2011 lunar in part ex for a coachman,so are doing our bit for the economy !

Cheers david1220

Archived