Newbie Question Draining Any Trapped Water In Pipes From Caravan Would This Be Any Good

murphyboy

I have been looking for a way of clearing the remaining water left in pipes,

do you think this would work. I have been blowing through taps and apart from nearly blowing a blood vessel no matter how long i blow i can still hear a little water in there somewhere, please have a look at the link below and give me your thoughts or better ways for shifting all traces of water from the pipes

http://www. halfords. com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_745501_langId_-1_categoryId_165733#BVRRWidgetID

Regards

Trevor

What you want is one of these to go with the pump you mention or a tyre inflator would be better & more useful unless you are blowing airbeds up.

http://www. keepfloeing. com/products-touring. html

I was told that on your final run open the drain valve near the water heater & taps and the movement on the way home will drain it.

Coachman Pastiche tugged by Mazda CX-7, Wine supplied by Sainsburys & sunday Times wine Club.

I have never had problems with a small amount of water left in pipes as the pipes are plastic and no damage should occur . How many times have garden hoses been left outside and the water in the coil have gone solid and never caused a problem . The main problems with water systems is water in the taps which freezes and cracks the tap body and water in the pump that damages the pump if that freezes .

I open my taps and leave them open and run the pump till I hear no water in the pump and is dry . I alway drop my showerhead down after opening the tap as water is trapped in the pipe and showerhead itself .

I think a blower will not clear the water any better than blowing down it yourself .

As said open all drains for tanks (heater and toilet flush) and if you have a elecric flush pump once the tank is empty run that pump till you hear no water present .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

1000's of vans on dealers forcourts throughout the winter, all they do is drain down. No need to do anything else.

Drain down after every trip at least. Last year I stored up around October expecting to go away again. The pipes had not been drained fully and froze. My shower is now broken and has had to be by passed to allow the other taps to work. A new shower tap will cost £70. It is suprising how quickly winter will come on. And I believe snow is forecast for October this year.