Trying To Locate A Gadget!

srelph

Can you help?!

I read a few months ago in a caravan magazine about a gadget that I now think could be useful for my brother-in-law's van. However I can't find the article, can't recall the name and any searches on google draw a blank.

Basically the gadget fits to the water inlet of your 'van (comes with several adapters eg Whale, Truma etc) you then connect the other end to a small air compressor, like one you would blow your car tyres up with. The idea is that this device will help to blow out any standing water in your pipes ready for winter. Usefull as my brother -in-laws 'van has more than one place where water gets trapped when he drains the system.

Does anybody recognise what I am talking about and point me in the right direction?

Ive read most people use a bog standard air pump for blowup beds and blow thru an open tap, you may need to use a damp cloth to create a reasonable seal between tap and pipe.

NIGEL129 Hobby 495 Ufe (2003)

Powrtouch HD BP GAS Lite User Toyota Surf 2. 4 Tug,

It's called the Floe drain down system (www. keepfloeing. com) and is reviewed on page 125 of the current (November) practical Caravan magazine.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

I have just tested out theory by using my Whale water connection with the end filter removed and the compressor air bed connector pushed into the end of the whale pipe (no issue of putting too much psi in as the connector will just pop out if too much).

This blows any remaining water through perfectly. :) Simples.

I think the video is slightly misleading as there is not THAT much water. Never-the-less there was about a quarter pint left in the pipes, but then that's marketing for you :rolleyes:

Alan

I have just tested out theory by using my Whale water connection with the end filter removed and the compressor air bed connector pushed into the end of the whale pipe (no issue of putting too much psi in as the connector will just pop out if too much).

This blows any remaining water through perfectly. :) Simples.

I think the video is slightly misleading as there is not THAT much water. Never-the-less there was about a quarter pint left in the pipes, but then that's marketing for you :rolleyes:

Alan

Good idea Alan

I may try your solution. The commerical one seems pretty expensive for what it is!!

Tim.

I've always just opened the taps and removed drain plugs and filter.

However, due to a fault with my pressure switch / non return valve recently, I wanted to drain it more fully. So, I stuck my lips around the tap and blew!!! :o

Worked a treat, got a lot more water out, then just cleaned the tap with an anti-bacterial wipe ;)

I just blow down the taps after draining down as said never had a problem I think one problem is the filter needs removing as this holds water behind it I find and cracked filter housing are common for this reason .

Dave

I've always just opened the taps and removed drain plugs and filter.

However, due to a fault with my pressure switch / non return valve recently, I wanted to drain it more fully. So, I stuck my lips around the tap and blew!!! :o

Worked a treat, got a lot more water out, then just cleaned the tap with an anti-bacterial wipe ;)

Always done the same Ted. Open both taps in the shower and blow. Then do the same with both (separate) taps in the bathroom and finally do the same with the mixer tap in the kitchen. And don't forget to drain the water heater fully.

Regards, Mike