12 Month Internet £10 With Ipad / Iphone 4

gozzy

Have you got a iPad ?

Want 12 months unlimited mobile Internet for £10?

Get a iPhone 4 PAYG sim card from any tmobile store free & top up £10 instore and you get 12 months free Internet bolt on

See here also http://www. avforums. com/forums/ipad-ipad-2/1261409-20-6-months-internet-unlimited-t-mobile-12. html

Only thing I did was ring customer services to get mine to accept the free Internet

Hi Gozzy

Was wondering if you thought this would work with an unlocked Samsung Galaxy 3G Tab ?realise it's a micro sim for the iphone/ipad but thought that with a sim adaptor it might work.

Regards

mike

Certainly was worth a tenner. got sim this afternoon chap in shop activated it. managed to scrounge an adaptor and now up and running. Brilliant !!!

Many thanks Gozzy

Edited by Mikeee

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/Micro-Sim-card-adapter-converter-iPhone-4-iPad-UK-/150645296315?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item231328ccbb

nigel

Have you got a iPad ?

Want 12 months unlimited mobile Internet for £10?

Get a iPhone 4 PAYG sim card from any tmobile store free & top up £10 instore and you get 12 months free Internet bolt on

See here also http://www. avforums. ...-mobile-12. html

Only thing I did was ring customer services to get mine to accept the free Internet

So can i just walkin to Tmob shop and buy a Ipad micro sim, order an adapter from ebay and put it in my Tmobile Mobile Broadband dongle ??

nigel

NIGEL129 Hobby 495 Ufe (2003)

Powrtouch HD BP GAS Lite User Toyota Surf 2. 4 Tug,

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to calling into local TMob shop. Was told that the micro sim is £20 and would probably work in my dongle with an adapter. However, the youngster behind the counter said download limit is only 500meg. Can anyone clarify or dispute his info.

thanks

nigel

Bought one last week in my local TMobile store.

Its an iphone 4 sim that you ask for and it cost a maximum of £5 (some appear to have got it for nothing although that didn't work in my case). You also have to top it up £10 at the point of purchase for a total of £15.

Stick it in your phone and send off the text requesting 12 months free internet (they have an information sheet behind the counter from head office with the details on). Hopefully 15-20 minutes later you'll get a "congratulations etc" text in reply and away you go. ..

Unfortunately in some cases you get sent a text telling you that you can't have free internet in which case you need to phone the customer services number and they'll add it manually. As I was aware this sometimes happened I sent my text whilst still in the store and then got the guy behind the counter to phone their "special" customer service number. This would only work I'd imagine if you actually have an iphone 4. ..

Finally got round to calling into local TMob shop. Was told that the micro sim is £20 and would probably work in my dongle with an adapter. However, the youngster behind the counter said download limit is only 500meg. Can anyone clarify or dispute his info.

thanks

nigel

Yeah, it's 500mb per month,not much use for downloading or streaming, but useful for surfing and emails. And it is free !!!

Below is the blurb from T-Mobile site plus link. As stated previously £5 to buy sim on line, Free in store

Buy an iPhone 4 micro-SIM for £5, load

it with £10 credit and you'll get 12

months free internet. Sweet.

You'll get free UK minutes or texts, or international

minutes, when you top up a tenner each month on one

of our pay as you go plans.

https://www. t-mobile. ../shop/sim-only/

Below updated link to Gozzy's initial post

http://www. avforums. ...-mobile-15. html

Simple

:rolleyes:

Edited by Mikeee

Bought one last week in my local TMobile store.

Its an iphone 4 sim that you ask for and it cost a maximum of £5 (some appear to have got it for nothing although that didn't work in my case). You also have to top it up £10 at the point of purchase for a total of £15.

Stick it in your phone and send off the text requesting 12 months free internet (they have an information sheet behind the counter from head office with the details on). Hopefully 15-20 minutes later you'll get a "congratulations etc" text in reply and away you go. ..

Unfortunately in some cases you get sent a text telling you that you can't have free internet in which case you need to phone the customer services number and they'll add it manually. As I was aware this sometimes happened I sent my text whilst still in the store and then got the guy behind the counter to phone their "special" customer service number. This would only work I'd imagine if you actually have an iphone 4. ..

hi, given what youve posted the cost of the card remains a mystery depending the "youngster" behind the counter. However, you dont mention download limit. If it is, as i was told 500mb, then not much good to me as . even over a 12 month period, id only use it in the van > while in the van, im quite, if not, a heavy user, My current dongle allows me quite a wide latitute of use, and only a slap on the wrist if i exceed the limit.

I was hoping the ipad sim would have "unlimited" download/use, but it doesnt look like it. Id guess its 12months free, a tenner, or twenty for the micro sim. but hammered for use, for the likes of me at any rate.

thanks

nigel

The £10 charge is not for the sim. but 100 minutes of calls in the first month. Must say, you not expecting much, unlimited mifi for free. Could all do with some of that Lol

Edited by Mikeee

Just got off the phone to Tmob again, fortunatly got answered by a UK call operative. Long story short, still none the wiser on the ipad micro card and usage HOWEVER after some bitching by me over the quality of signal, reception. 3 contracts,( 5lines, 2 lines, and one line over three contracts), they are now sending me a http://www. t-mobile. co. uk/shop/mobile-broadband/wireless-pointer/

. all all ok and for £5 per month. Doesnt help with no coverage areas such as Poston Mills end of Oct(by the looks of it ill be lucky to get tel reception) but after several years of no perks from Tmob, ive at last got something.

Ill also point out that my previous Mob BB was converted to PAYG so i dont suppose they really had to keep a contract, but im happy with another gadget, all be it same coverage, same network, same limitations, just no USB to the laptop.

This does make me think though, ive allways thrown the dongle out of the window on a extented USB lead, this little gadget does not look as if its as hard wearing (without substantial weather proofing). Basically its a cordless dongle. Any thoughts ??

Id like to refer back to an earlier post i made re a stick thqat can pick up a wireless signal up to 1km, but at £99 i think id beteer pay the house bills first.

nigel

Just got off the phone to Tmob again, fortunatly got answered by a UK call operative. Long story short, still none the wiser on the ipad micro card and usage HOWEVER after some bitching by me over the quality of signal, reception. 3 contracts,( 5lines, 2 lines, and one line over three contracts), they are now sending me a http://www. t-mobile. ...reless-pointer/

. all all ok and for £5 per month. Doesnt help with no coverage areas such as Poston Mills end of Oct(by the looks of it ill be lucky to get tel reception) but after several years of no perks from Tmob, ive at last got something.

Ill also point out that my previous Mob BB was converted to PAYG so i dont suppose they really had to keep a contract, but im happy with another gadget, all be it same coverage, same network, same limitations, just no USB to the laptop.

This does make me think though, ive allways thrown the dongle out of the window on a extented USB lead, this little gadget does not look as if its as hard wearing (without substantial weather proofing). Basically its a cordless dongle. Any thoughts ??

Id like to refer back to an earlier post i made re a stick thqat can pick up a wireless signal up to 1km, but at £99 i think id beteer pay the house bills first.

nigel

I use a t-mobile wireless pointer. I live out in the sticks so bb down the phone line was at best poor, but still having to pay the same as lightning fast bb offered to town dwellers, so dropped virgin, boy, did that take some time to get through their thick skulls that I didn't want a mac code, just to end my contract, but thats another story. Now use the t-mobile mifi router at home and away, £15 a month, 3 quid a month less than the bearded wonder wanted, speed about 4 times faster, and can use it in the van when away, so far after staying on a dozen or so sites, have only had one site where the reception was poor, ok for e mails, but downloading larger sites with pictures was painfull, but all in all a complete no-brainer for me. Oh, now I get bb this way, and have a mobile phone, BT has also been sacked :D

hi,

I use a t-mobile wireless pointer. I live out in the sticks so bb down the phone line was at best poor, but still having to pay the same as lightning fast bb offered to town dwellers, so dropped virgin, boy, did that take some time to get through their thick skulls that I didn't want a mac code, just to end my contract, but thats another story. Now use the t-mobile mifi router at home and away, £15 a month, 3 quid a month less than the bearded wonder wanted, speed about 4 times faster, and can use it in the van when away, so far after staying on a dozen or so sites, have only had one site where the reception was poor, ok for e mails, but downloading larger sites with pictures was painfull, but all in all a complete no-brainer for me. Oh, now I get bb this way, and have a mobile phone, BT has also been sacked :D

Hi Al,

Just checked GifGaf as well, see my post here http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/55580-any-body-any-experience-with-caravanconnect-wifi/

I must have picked the only site in Hereford thats an almost total black spot for all mobile BB, calls and networks.

nigel