Key And Fob

Gari

I wander if anyone can help. I have lost my spare car key and fob (2007 Sorento).

I have heard different price tags for replacing varying from £50 to £800!!! Could anyone enlighten me and where is the best place to get a spare set?

Thanks

Gari

Check with the Main Agent and get full info. first. Then Google for better offer?

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

A main dealer is your best route as keys and fobs are programmed to a specific car for security reasons . My next door neighbour tried taking the cheap route and ended a number of times trying to get his car to start as the immobiliser did not like the key and fob .

Dave

You have asked the question on the Kia forum as well so I would suggest you wait a while and see what reponses you get. ^_^

Regards.

Col

Edited by BadbackCol

If you still have one working key and fob go to a kia dealer. The big price you heard was for when you loose both as the car management computer sometimes had to be replaced in that circumstance. Expect to pay about 100 though as a chunk of the cost is programing the key to the car.

We bought a second fob and key for the Landrover from the main dealer £140 for key and fob and recoding all the cars fobs and keys (immobiliser and alarm) to new settings so that the lost key would be useless. Well worth the money for the piece of mind as we were not sure where we had lost the other set if it was local at least now they wont work.

Edited by dave11a

Thank you to everyone - I will get in touch with Kia main dealer.

Col - I still have not heard anything on the Kia forum - Are Caravaners a more of a helpful lot!!!?

Thanks everyone

Thank you to everyone - I will get in touch with Kia main dealer.

Col - I still have not heard anything on the Kia forum - Are Caravaners a more of a helpful lot!!!?

Thanks everyone

Hi Gari.

I did not mean to imply that you should stop asking the question, more a case of you being overloaded with various solutions.

Yes, I think caravanners are helpful people. There is enough evidence on this forum to show that, I have benefited from some of the answers given by CT members to other questions .

I hope you manage to source a replacement key and fob without having to spend a fortune.

Regards.

Col