Replacing Truma Casing

bigbilly

Had 5 years faithful service from my Truma gas/electric fire.

On the way home from a rally this weekend the metal casing/cabinet popped off the wall fixings.

Spent several frustrating hours today trying to refit it with no luck. Don't know if there are any of the fixings broken but is there a secret to refitting them ??

Bill

Make sure that the 'holes' at the bottom of the casing are straight (bend with pliers if not) and ensure that the bottom of the casing is not resting on floor. It has to be raised slightly for the aforementioned 'holes' to locate in bottom lugs. Once bottom is connected the top springs should locate OK but watch for the heat resistant material (silver) fouling the upper vents. If is does foul it can easily be bent out of the way.

Edited by SamD

Had 5 years faithful service from my Truma gas/electric fire.

On the way home from a rally this weekend the metal casing/cabinet popped off the wall fixings.

Spent several frustrating hours today trying to refit it with no luck. Don't know if there are any of the fixings broken but is there a secret to refitting them ??

Bill

The same rhing happened to mine some time ago. You wil find that there are suposedly two clips at the bottom that need the frame pushing down onto and then the top of the casing should just push back onto the frame clicking intao place. Mine was never the same again and I found athat it was just not locating on one of the bottom clips so ot always came off, as a result I now have two screws holding it at the top and a manufactured ( also caled a bodge ) block of wood that is screwed into the wooden framework around the fire that holds the bottom corner in place. I have not had a problem now in the year since I finally fixed it.