Senator S6 California, Alarm Mystery Problem

man of kent

I have had this van for two years now and always set the alarm when the van is left, both when away on site or parked up at home. No problems with false alarms ever. Just been away for a week at CC site at Chatsworth and the alarm went off twice just after we left the site and were called back by the wardens. Left it off then. Tried setting when sat outside the van the next day(door and windows closed) and sure enough it went again after a few minutes. I then set it again and watched the PIR sensor through the window and it went again in a coulple of minutes and no led lit up on the PIR. I concluded it must be radio wave interference setting it off and given the remote location assume it must be the site Wifi signals, can't think what else it could be. We were quite close to one of the site masts.

Since coming home it has been working fine again.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem anywhere?

Ours has the Tracker/ Tracker Alarm and it's sited at home and last week 5 times the alarm set off. I kept resetting it checking the van over pulling my hair out ( not much before I started ) in the end I sat in the van thinking what was causing it when I heard a very low level "cheap" sound and again after about 5 mins which I realised was coming from the PIR. Duh low battery warning replaced the PP3 battery and everything has been fine since.

Has there not been a thread on this concerning the very low number of combinations i. e. someone else setting yours off.

The strange thing is it went 5 times within 5 minutes of being set, it's never happened before and since coming home its been set for 30 hours and no problems. I replaced the battery in the PIR some weeks ago, it had not failed but was 2 years old anyway.

Thanks for your comments.