How Common Is Your Caravan

on saturday running up from devon to stansted in a 3 van convoy on walkie talkies we spotted at least five crusaders

heading the other way same year decals as mine

is spotting other caravans a sad hobbie?

or is it the same as when you purchase a new vehicle you notice more of the same make on your town

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usualy find that as soon as you buy something new, it be a car or caravan you start to see loads on the road,as for being sad caravan spotting when I see an unusual van on the road ie stealth,tab etc I am emmiedately telling everyone about it,don't know why as the kids are not interested at all :wacko:

2012 Static Willerby Severn, Sitting in Hidden Valley Welshpool . B)

I still haven't spotted any Stealths yet. ....perhaps they're living up to their name!

I usually like to look out for the same 'van as mine. In three years I've only seen four Compass Corona 624's. ..Exclusive club or just so rubbish no one else bought one?!?!

Diefer

2000 Range Rover Vogue Autobiography 4. 6 V8 tugging a 2011 Elddis Crusader Supersirocco

On the way back from Scotlant in August we sore a Pegasus 1, folled by a Unicorn, then a Pegasus 2 then an Olympus ! Only needed an Orion and we would have had a full set.

is spotting other caravans a sad hobbie?

Probably is, but I can't help it. I always glance at caravans and towcars as I overtake (solo). Wonder where they are going! :)

I have only ever seen one caravan like mine (Avondale Rialto 390-2) as it went past me in another lane loading onto a ferry. Never saw it again after that. As I recall the Rialto range was quickly amalgamated into the Argente range, and then Avondale itself ceased to be. So the chances of meeting another seem slim. Happy spotting.

Gordon

Nissan Qashqai 1. 6 dCi (130 PS) + Avondale Rialto 390-2

Never seen one the same as ours. ..Elddis Firestorm 505, I know it's a take on the Avante, but none the less never seen another Firestorm.

i only saw the same caravan as ours on ebay 3 days ago never seen any others the same . and it didnt sell eathier !!!!!!!!! ( elddis ovation wisp 510/5 ) when we are driving im always looking at the different vans and SAYING HE GOING A BIT FAST WITH THAT VAN :D :D

Edited by ianahussey

ford kuga 2ltr turbo towing a swift challenger 2006

I've only ever seen 1 other of our specific van, although i've seen loads of bailey's & quite a few of the senator 6 range. The other one i saw was on the same site as us this easter.

Like most others have said, i look at the other vans on the road & at what cars are towing them. Often wonder whether they are on the way to a nice holiday or on the way home from one.

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

I have not seen many Crusader Storms most of the Crusaders I have seen are Super Siroccos .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I've seen several Abbey Freestyles out and about but only one Freestyle 560 exactly the same as ours heading to the Bowness site near Windermere. As ours is a Dealer Special originating from Lowdhams at either Nottingham or Huddersfield I thought it was quite a spot.

Volvo XC70 followed by a 2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Verona

Ours is an Abbey 620 Vogue but because it's a Davan Caravans dealer special it has Cardinal decals instead of Vogue.

When we bought ours 4 years ago features which have since become standard like an extra tv aerial point, extra 240v sockets, external BBQ point, wet locker and external 240v socket were only included on dealer specials which is why we bought ours.

I see Abbey 620s and their Swift equivalent around, the new Challenger has a 620 model but sadly the Abbey ranges have been discontinued and I haven't seen an Abbey Cardinal 620 on our travels yet.

Edited by parksy

Abbey Cardinal Vogue 620

Mitsubishi 2. 8 Fieldmaster LWB Pajero

Keep a lookout for Orions, not seen one yet :(

I have seen one on the M5 that looked a little worst for wear, driverside front corner was all creased and the towcar had rear damage :(

2014 VW Passat 2. 0TDI pulling a 2009 Bailey Ranger GT60 460/4.

Life is good when away caravanning

All these British caravans are "common as muck" but I still enjoy trying to identify them from afar. Never seen one like mine in the UK though I take joy in spotting the occasional one on sites abroad.

Hyundai Santa Fe CRD auto + Burstner Belcanto 525 TL

http://www. oldagetraveller. net/

We always have a walk around the site to see what other caravans are there, I like to look at how good their awnings seem to be erected compared to mine.

Don't see many of my model, loads same make but not model.

The other week we walked all around Longleat CC and it was full, wifey said look heres one like ours. . it was ours!

Steve & Norma, Abbey Vogue 215 GTS, Mondeo 2lt TDCi

Since 2005 I have only seen 3 Corona/Elddis 362 on sites and two on the roads

2014 VW Passat 2. 0TDI pulling a 2009 Bailey Ranger GT60 460/4.

Life is good when away caravanning

We play the caravan spotting game all the time.

My little girl can spot Bailey's a mile off, & now shouts "olly" or "peggy", which still makes me chuckle.

I think it's like cars, when you buy a new one, every other car is the same as yours.

We go for a walk around the site to look at the other 'vans too. Not to be nosey of course but to admire and enjoy seeing all the different 'vans and awnings. Have to be careful though as we don't want folks to mistake our admiring, discreet glances as plain rudeness!! lol.

2015 Coachman Pastiche 460/2, towed by a Honda CR-V EX I-DTEC 2. 2

I have only seen two Series 6 Pageant Vendees since we bought ours nearly two years ago, one on site and the other on the road. I gather from a local dealer they were not popular, but we love it. Anyway it will only be with us for another 3 weeks as we are changing to a Valencia, so now we will be looking out for them!

'63 plate, Panther Black Ford Kuga, Sony DAB Navigation + Camera, Appearance Pack, Convenience Pack, Detatchable Tow Bar towing a 2011 Bailey Unicorn Valencia

I'm a sad caravan spotter :P Always looking at other caravans on the road and on site, even take the dog a walk via the storage way just looking at all the different vans old and new :ph34r:

Compass Shadow 1988

When we picked up our van is was still getting ther final PDI from the dealer. So we looked at all the new vans on display and was comparing it to the one we had bought. As we walked out og the showroom wy wife said "that van is fantastic, If I had saw that one before the one we bought I would prefer that one" I was a bit Pi$$£d off till the salesman took us to our new van. You guessed it, it was the van my missus was looking at.

Never seen another one on the road, but its only been 3 weeks.

2011 Nissan Navara Tekna Auto 2. 5 with a 2011 Elddis Super Sirocco behind it

Can't recall ever seeing another Sterling Cruach, yet alone our specific model - it's a dealer special from Duncan Caravans in Scotland so I guess not many made there way a little further south.

<p>2007 Sterling Cruach Cuillin & 2016 Volvo XC60 SE D4 190