bigjimmy

A very close friend of mine who owns a diddy little Eriba Puck is in desperate need to find someone to repair some accident damage to the bodywork.

They originally bought their Eriba from Lechlade, but it would appear that they are no longer trading?

Someone they spoke to at Lechlade has suggested they should take it to Automotive Leisure at Pool, but that is one hell of a long way from Nottinghamshire.

Does anyone out in CT world know of a very high quality workshop who might be able to repair their Eriba which is a lot closer to their home?

As topic notification doesn't appear to be working on CT at the moment, can you please send me a PM with any details that you might have.

Many thanks

Ok here's the current situation with Eribas.

Automotive Leisure in Poole, the longstanding used Eriba dealer has been appointed as an official Eriba dealer by Hymer Group as from last week. They can probably outsource body repairs but I don't think they have the facilities (yet?) to carry that sort of work out in-house.

Jandi are the longstanding official Hymer appointed Eriba dealers in Scotland (midway between Edinburgh and Glasgow) and can do bodywork. Jean and Sandy are dyed in the wool Eriba enthusiasts and if your friend phones them he'd better make sure he's got a comfy chair and a good mug of tea first.

Lowdhams of both Nottingham and Huddersfield are shown as officially appointed Hymer caravan dealers and as Eriba are a Hymer brand they can handle them, but you'd be hard pushed to find anything about that connection on their website. As a large caravan/motorhome dealership I assume they carry out bodywork repairs but whether they would is debatable. There are reports from Eriba owners that they will only handle vans they have sold which is probably only a handful in recent years. Appropriate complaints have been sent to Hymer, Bad Waldsee with no reported response yet.

It is a problem because anyone in the Midlands with an Eriba faces a 400 mile round trip either north or south to have work done by an official Eriba dealer.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

I used Crossley Coachcraft in Leyland for a job on my Eriba last year. Some scrotes had tried to rip the door off. Crossley's could not get a new door because the factory in France had closed down and production in Germany had not started. They made a fabulous repair, not cheap but the Caravan Club inurance were great

I was going to recommend them too, they make a real good job. Sometimes it's better not to bother replacing panels, it can be a nightmare, a good bodyshop (auto) can very often do the job for a fraction of the price. Peter :)

Thanks for that Frank & John my slightly ancient friends will be contacting Crossleys over the next couple of days.

Isn't this CT just so bloody marvelous!!

• 3 weeks later...

I would ask Lowdhams to recommend someone, even

if they would not undertake the work themselves.

Hi Andy :)