October Travels - Where Are You Bound For?

Thingy

Reprising last October, we are heading for Dornafield again, first two in October. Anybody else heading off for a decent October break?

Last year was ruined by the death of my wifes mother, so we didnt get the best of Dornafield and the area. Hoping to make the most of it this time. Hope too the weather is as good as last October.

Anyone else heading that way.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on when my son's operation is to be, we are heading off to Derbyshire at half term.

Nowhere booked yet, hoping we can get a CL at last minute ( as we still don't have dates from the hospital ).

skirlington this friday for 10 days, last week in october woodland waters for 7 days, november to clumber park for a long weekend.

KIA SORENTO KX3 2012 Bailey Pageant Limousin SERIES 7 1700 kg

volvo xc70 D5 se

We are off to Dolbeare Caravan Site in Cornwall for a week from the 1st October. Really looking forward to it,

Reprising last October, we are heading for Dornafield again, first two in October. Anybody else heading off for a decent October break?

Last year was ruined by the death of my wifes mother, so we didnt get the best of Dornafield and the area. Hoping to make the most of it this time. Hope too the weather is as good as last October.

Have recently received an Email from Dornafield advertising their super seven saver. Seven nights for £84, will possibly take this up as its very good value for this site.

Dave

I am off to south Wales in the kids half term week, Brynich Caravan Club Site site then a few days in Gowerton Caravan Club Site Swansea

never toured that part of Wales so looking forward to it

Have recently received an Email from Dornafield advertising their super seven saver. Seven nights for £84, will possibly take this up as its very good value for this site.

Exactly why we booked. We have been lucky enough to get on Black Rock Copse this time, but that books up very fast, however the Buttermeadow section of the site we were on last year was awesome too.

We are off to Grove Farm Meadow at Christchurch. We always use the site when we visit my elderly mother. They have completely demolished the amenities blocks and rebuilt a brand new one. It is a very quiet, mostly static caravan site in close proximity to Christchurch, Boscombe and Bournemouth.

Exactly why we booked. We have been lucky enough to get on Black Rock Copse this time, but that books up very fast, however the Buttermeadow section of the site we were on last year was awesome too.

Lady heys by me in Frodsham is running a similar offer, Mon-Thu for £30

bargain considering it's facilities are excellent & pitches are hard standing & fully serviced

CC Site in Garlieston, Dumfries & Galloway for half term.

Looking forward to it as well.

Regards,

Steve

Meathop Fell CC site this saturday 24th, for two weeks. Come back 8th October,do the washing,attend a Golden Wedding party in the evening. Day of rest on sunday. Monday 10th, off to Broadway CC site for two weeks. My word life is tough !!

We are booked to go to Hillhead CC sites for October half term (school term so the end of Oct).

We are taking the van down to Rookesbury CC site for a long weekend this week so may change my booking and try to get onto Brynich CC site as we spent a previous Oct half term there and really enjoyed and only an hour and a bit from home so wasn't far to tow when the weather turned bad!!

Still pretty un decided though. May stick with Hillhead, stayed in Dornafield in a couple of years ago for Oct half term and the area was lovely at the time of year with no crowds.

Ian

Knaresborough CC site next week for 4 then on to Low Manesty CC site for 5, roll on next Thursday week, can't wait, that will probably be our last trip this year :(, oh well roll on February B)

Postern Mill. First time for mrs and me to go away without kids, dogs,hamster etc. Stripping van down to bear essentials so tug hasnt got to work to hard. Not even the cadac. Eating out, tour Herefordshire by car, visit Gloucester for "her" to indulge her shopping addiction. ( so it wont be a cheap 4 days) :wacko:

nigel

NIGEL129 Hobby 495 Ufe (2003)

Powrtouch HD BP GAS Lite User Toyota Surf 2. 4 Tug,

Off to Southport CC site for a few days mid October - just got back from a long weekend at Blackwall Plantation CC site in Derbyshire, may get away in November somewhere too.

We will have one or two weekends away on local CL's - nothingbooked yet though. Then last week in October we off on the canal, hireing a narrowboat and will be cruiseng the Chesire Ring for thr week - really looking forward to it, will be thr 12th time we have hired a narrowboat now, really enjoy the slow pace of life.

Sam

Archived