Pageant Champagne Waste Pipe

chrisheg

Hi. I'm currently in France and the waste pipe has come adrift behind the oven. I can not seen way of fixing this without coming the oven. Any advice?8

Would you be able to gain access from the outside via the fridge vents? I'm not sure of the layout of the Champagne, but it may be possible?

Hi no i have tried that but the pipe goes along the top of the fridge and then goes down behind the oven . I suspect it came adrift behind because we perhaps tried to force a pan into the pan store below the oven. I am touring not sure if the pipe just pushes on but i cannot reach up.

It does look like you may have to take the oven out? I'm sure the oven is only held in by a few screws, plus the gas connection. Remember to isolate the gas first and check with soapy water after reconnecting.

I hope it does not spoil the rest of your holiday Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses. It did not spoil our holiday -we just jept the basin plug in and kept a cloth on top. We sometimes used a plastic bowl in the sink but most of the time we used the communal washing up facilities which does help you to get to know people on site.

We have now returned home and I have been able to get the van repaired. Apparently the waste pipe is a push on affair behind the oven and it looks like we pulled it loose whilst moving pans in the under oven pan cupboard. The workshop said it was a horrible job - they had to remove the oven and also disconnect the gas pipe. Just as well I did not try it myself otherwise we may have been without gas as well a waste pipe. They have also fixed the waste pipe so that it is no longer a push on affair.