The Forum's Archives

Jaydug

What a valuable archive of information there is on this forum. When I was away in the van a couple of weeks ago I noticed that when the electric side of the Truma Ultraheat was switched on, it usually worked initially, but then failed. I Googled for Ultraheat faults and was mostly directed to old posts on Caravan Talk. After reading many old topics, my trouble seemed to point to the two over-heat thermostats in the base of the fire. Ebay quickly supplied both of them for a modest amount. I also followed forum advice to order a new flue sealing gasket. Useful to know since the old one was badly deformed. I won’t pretend that the job was easy but it was rewarding to finally switch on and find it all working correctly. Three cheers for the forum’s archive.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Thank you for the feedback John. I't good to hear that the advice contained on Caravan Talk was both correct and helpful to you.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Archived