Isabella Vs Ventura

Madrunner

We are looking to buy a replacement awning instead of our 1050 pyramid and small flimsy porch.

We have narrowed it down to the Isabella magnum or Ventura marlin.

Now I understand the relationship between the 2 companies but where is the £360 price difference ?

If the Isabella is that much better we'll gladly pay the extra but is it ?

Your opinions very grateful received !!

We bought the Isabella and have not regretted it BUT we would have bought the Ventura if there had been a different colour option (we didn't like the baby blue)! We had a Ventura full awning with our previous caravan and were very happy with it.

One thing we're still getting used to with the Isabella is the coated polyester material that it's made from - it does crease easily so we're very careful when we pack it away to avoid as many creases as possible.

Edited by Glen and Les

It all depends on how level the pitch is, as you can't adjust a porch awning through the awning channel, but we're getting better at it everytime we put it up!

Madrunner,

We have the Isabella Magnum, although it is a 2010 model. We have seen the latest version, the material is different and appears lighter weight. If you want to see what one looks like in a real life use, look at my gallery pictures, there is a couple of views there. :)

This was discussed here a while back and some of the comments might still be valid. http://www. caravanta. ..post__p__115571

I think that although Isabella awnings are first class, we have a Magnum, they charge so much for them to some degree. ........well because they can and know that most people will cough up for the name.

Stay safe ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

Madrunner,

We have the Isabella Magnum, although it is a 2010 model. We have seen the latest version, the material is different and appears lighter weight. If you want to see what one looks like in a real life use, look at my gallery pictures, there is a couple of views there. :)

The new material does,t "feel" any lighter when picking the bag up !

Would be interesting to compare though.

Going to show in NEC to look at Porch awnings with the intension of buying an Isabella any ideas welcome.

Barry.

We got a small discount at the Feb show through Lowdhams - worth looking out for - most companies have their own reps on the Isabella stand so check out prices with a few different ones and make sure there is no delivery charge.

Going to show in NEC to look at Porch awnings with the intension of buying an Isabella any ideas welcome.

Barry.

It is worth first checking where the "down-pole-pads" will fall on your specific van. Whilst they can come across a window it is far from ideal and inevitably over time the pad will surface fret the window.

We have a 2002 Magnum and have found it excellent; by far our most used awning and suited both the vans we have owned over that period.

On sloping ground you have to make compromises. If the ground falls away along the van's length then unlike a full awning you cant bias it round the rail so can be left with unequal amounts of mud flap showing or needing to slope a pad pole off of vertical to "lose" excess canvas.

Where the ground falls away at the awning front you need to accommodate a small amount of the side as a neat "dart" against the van.

Where the ground rises in front of the awning, thankfully rare where we choose to pitch then like any awning the fit will be poor; in the porch case leaving a widening gap at the bottom of the pad. .

Just been browsing one of the main awning retailers web site and notice that the Ventura brands are now being marketed as Isabella e. g. "Isabella Marlin - previously Ventura Marlin" - just confirms what some of us have said all along - they come from the same breeding stock, if not quite the same quality (very nearly though!). Hopefully this will clear up the confusion about Ventura's origins.

Having been one of those that had a cheaper awning and also being one of those that expounded an inability to see the difference vs price benefits, I can only say that having the Isabella I can see what all the fuss was about. Amazing difference in quality. Only an opinion, but I expect that the Venturas are made to rival Bradcott, Dorema etc and will be a similar quality.