Caravan Club

slybacon

CL's charges vary depending on where they are and what they have, but can be from £8 per night up to £20 per night or more.

The only way of finding out prices is to ring the sites you want to use.

Other advantages,,very good van insurance with quick settlement of claims.

Mayday Rescue,no limit on number of times you use them (I know,,used them 39 times when I had the renault :wacko: )

Club sites are very good, if a bit pricey.

On the opposite side their car insurance becomes very pricey after the first or second year (like most others) so keep shopping around. They don't offer caravan recovery only. which for a CARAVAN Club seems silly, so you have to pay for car as well even though it might be covered by free recovery from the manufacturer.

And we've become disillusioned with their sanitised, squeeze 'em in Club sites which generally give you tiny pitches with absolutely no imagination used in the layout (think Cirencester's new massed ranks of hard surface pitches). Give me somewhere where I can stretch out and not put my fist through next doors window, where there's good quality landscaping that satisfies the soul and not just an accountant or bean counter and pitches that are at odd angles and slightly interesting, taking some thinking about, rather than rigid straight lines with nothing between you and the next van but 3ft of grass.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

CLs are individual private sites and thwir fees reflect this, plus of course some of them are just a field with water and waste facilites. The prices they charge reflect al this and the places tshey are in has a bearing. I can find you wonderful quiet places for a fiver a night and places in busier locations with extra facilities seem to be charging more in the ten to twelve pounds a night range. Their are others that are more expensive but unless they offer something extra special then I personally would not use them.

The Cl's i have stayed at are between £10 - £12 per night but Mrs Sprite insists on at least a wc but these have had EHU as well for that price. ..cheaper and less uniform than a club site and as Bill Lord has said if you don't want any facilities other than water tap and Elsan disposal, then they tend to be £5 - £7 per night.

If I were you I would think about where you are looking at touring because while the Caravan Club have more CL's in total, some areas seem a bit better served by the Caravan and Camping Club with their CS sites (same principle as a CL). this might help. ..just zoom in to an area you fancy and tick which clubs Cl / Cs sites you want it to show. ..tick both and go nuts! ;)

http://www. 5vanmap. com/

Their information sheets are also very useful and if you are thinking of going overseas their service is very good with significant discounts on the Ferry.

Club sites it seems are not to everybody's tastes but you can always rely on their quality, cleanliness and very good wash blocks.

Coachman Amara 380/2

hi if you take a look at 5van. co. uk you dont need to be a member and it will show you both cl and cs sites take a look. martin

thanks for help, i wont go anywhere without at least electric hookup and shower facilities. (my wife request) so i am not sure CL sites are for me but would love to give them a try. just dont fancy forking out membership for caravan club only to discover club sites are expensive and not any better.

hi if you take a look at 5van. co. uk you dont need to be a member and it will show you both cl and cs sites take a look. martin

But if you use those sites you must be a member as to do so as a non member could lead to the site owner losing their certification and so remove the CL from the network and prevent them from taking caravans until they get planning permission.

We would like to try a CL or a CS as we have joined both C. C. club and Camping @ Caravan club. What we would like is a site with views and rural location. We would also prefer one with at least a W. C and if possible a shower. The last important must is good dog walking. All this within approx 1hr and a half from home - we live near Marlow, Bucks. Forgot to mention electric hook-up. Are we expecting too much. At a pinch we would go for E. H. U and dog walks as a must. If any one can recommend somewhere suitable we would be grateful, seem to spend ages trawling through the different web sites and getting more confused all the time. #

Cheers everyone.

On the opposite side their car insurance becomes very pricey after the first or second year (like most others) so keep shopping around. They don't offer caravan recovery only. which for a CARAVAN Club seems silly, so you have to pay for car as well even though it might be covered by free recovery from the manufacturer.

And we've become disillusioned with their sanitised, squeeze 'em in Club sites which generally give you tiny pitches with absolutely no imagination used in the layout (think Cirencester's new massed ranks of hard surface pitches). Give me somewhere where I can stretch out and not put my fist through next doors window, where there's good quality landscaping that satisfies the soul and not just an accountant or bean counter and pitches that are at odd angles and slightly interesting, taking some thinking about, rather than rigid straight lines with nothing between you and the next van but 3ft of grass.

I assume that you mean that they will not quote for caravan recovery only ? When I took out Mayday recovery for the first time they were the only company then that would recover the caravan/trailer/boat if the tow vehicle was OK. The AA & RAC would only recover the trailer if the tow vehicle was undrivable.

Bill

We would like to try a CL or a CS as we have joined both C. C. club and Camping @ Caravan club. What we would like is a site with views and rural location. We would also prefer one with at least a W. C and if possible a shower. The last important must is good dog walking. All this within approx 1hr and a half from home - we live near Marlow, Bucks. Forgot to mention electric hook-up. Are we expecting too much. At a pinch we would go for E. H. U and dog walks as a must. If any one can recommend somewhere suitable we would be grateful, seem to spend ages trawling through the different web sites and getting more confused all the time. #

Cheers everyone.

log in to the club site, look for the CL section and filter in what you want, if you can`t find anywhere in you`re own county move to the next one.

be sure to check the details of each site (some charge for showers) i`m sure you will find something.

Love stopping at CL's. We search for EHU and dogs being allowed on site.

Just had a week at Park Farm in Somerset. It has a wc. Not sure if there was a shower in there as we always use our vans facilities anyway. But at £9. 00 per night and lovely suroundings it was a good place to be based for the week. We always use CL's and the only ones we would not return to are ones with sheep close by as you do seem to get a lot of flies. But Park Farm and Argoed near Barmouth are two great sites and Argoed does have showers and WiFi but does cost more. ... £12. 50 with EHU! Bargain. . There are loads in Derbyshire too from £7. 50 with EHU too. . We are CC members purely for the CL's!

img1845xr.jpg

img1848v.jpg

img1854wi.jpg

img1856v.jpg

img1860gy.jpg

img1891x.jpg

Just some snaps from Park Farm. ...

On the subject of CL or CS showers, don't expect these to be to the same standard as those on club sites. They vary enormously from one CL/CS to another. Could be a beautifully laid out and heated shower room or an old, run down wooden shack, complete with cobwebs and the attendant spiders. Believe me - I've seen both types but then I always use my caravan shower on CLs.