Pitch Dimensions...help

hanadana

Hi all. ..need to pick your maths brains. ..

Looking at booking a campsite in Holland for October, I e-mailed them but they've emailed back asking what size pitch we would like. ..95m sq, 100m sq, 105m sq. I have no idea how big this is!!

We have a sterling Europa 500 and will putting up a pyramid corsican full awning. If it helps the dimensions are:

Caravan length - 6. 81m

Caravan width - 2. 23m

Awning width - 2. 40m

How do the pitch sizes compare to the caravan and awning size that we have.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all. ..need to pick your maths brains. ..

Looking at booking a campsite in Holland for October, I e-mailed them but they've emailed back asking what size pitch we would like. ..95m sq, 100m sq, 105m sq. I have no idea how big this is!!

We have a sterling Europa 500 and will putting up a pyramid corsican full awning. If it helps the dimensions are:

Caravan length - 6. 81m

Caravan width - 2. 23m

Awning width - 2. 40m

How do the pitch sizes compare to the caravan and awning size that we have.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

The footprint of your outfit is less than 35 sq mts so the smallest pitch would be big enough.

Terry

100m sq will be a 10x10m pitch for your van and awning and car and whatever else you can stick on it.

Or it could be 14metres by 7 metres I guess! etc etc

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

A 10 x 8, being a typical continental size is just big enough for the van, 2. 4 m depth awning and car, but with all 3 lined up, it may seem cramped. 10 x 10 is much more comfotable, and may give you more options to position the van-there's not usually any of this silly lining up with a peg

I know we lag behind the Continent in advertising houses and flats by their number of bedrooms, rather than the European system of the square metreage of the property. If we did follow their lead we'd be able to tell whether a four bedroom house had matcboxes or halls for bedrooms.

But I wish the CC would publish the average amount of space available per pitch for each site. So if it's 5 acres with 100 pitches then it would be 0. 05 and if it was 5 acres with 30 pitches it would be a 0. 16 site and you'd know how crowded you were going to be. I'm sure they have the info on their database so it would be easy to add it to the handbook.

I'm sure Blackpool CC site would be the former and Broad Park in Devon the latter.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

I know we lag behind the Continent in advertising houses and flats by their number of bedrooms, rather than the European system of the square metreage of the property. If we did follow their lead we'd be able to tell whether a four bedroom house had matcboxes or halls for bedrooms.

But I wish the CC would publish the average amount of space available per pitch for each site. So if it's 5 acres with 100 pitches then it would be 0. 05 and if it was 5 acres with 30 pitches it would be a 0. 16 site and you'd know how crowded you were going to be. I'm sure they have the info on their database so it would be easy to add it to the handbook.

I'm sure Blackpool CC site would be the former and Broad Park in Devon the latter.

You could easily do that calculation itself but it doesn't mean anything. take two sites. Wyatts Covert has very little landscaping or green areas so it would give a reasonable figure. At Hiilside nr Salisbury trees take up a lot of the site so although it is much less dense it doesn't follow that the pitches are any bigger.

poolebob

Archived