Thankyou

Sport

easily done. ..

Mine pop open as I went over a speed bump just before pulling off a site. Now I double check

But happy to run over when I see a few vans moving off site, with their status aerials still up

I had a truck driver waving frantically at me once. ..pulled over to find roof light was up (how I don't know as I'm certain it was shut when we set off) glad he bothered though!

A mate of mine was very thankful to a fellow camper who alerted him to the fact that his German Shepherd was trotting quite close behind him as he drove through a campsite to the toilets. ........he had temporarily hooked it's lead over the tow ball and forgot. Good job it was only a 5mph limit.

Stay safe ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

Last year in France we had a car identical to ours (except it was LHD) pull alongside at circa 90kph.

The lady passenger was waving hysterically, at first we waved back. .. then she dropped the window was calling out summat in French.

SWMBO dropped her window an gave her the "non comprende" shrug of her shoulders!

The lady passenger turned to the male driver and came back with "Jockey Wheel"!!!

My that guy's English was good!

We were very grateful and thankfully the next Aire was only 1000 metres away!

G.

P. S. It had worked loose, we hadn't set off in that state!!!!

I said to the Wife what a nice thing to do, the weather yesterday heading North out of Devon was appalling and to pull along side and inform us that it was not just open but hanging on by two screws, was just a massive thing to do. We pulled over on the hard shoulder used some duct tape to hold it shut. We were only 4 miles from storage when this happened, so once at store I was able to re-insert some new screws and the locker door is ok now.

We were recently on a site in Germany which is popular with overnighters and we were watching (as you do!) a British outfit in front of us packing up to make an early start. The guy had left the back legs down, presumably for his other half to finish things in the van, but they then commenced to lock up, hitch up and do the final checks. My Husband spotted the legs still down at the last moment and ran out to attract their attention before they actually pulled off - they were so grateful we'd spotted them.

I had a truck driver waving frantically at me once. ..pulled over to find roof light was up (how I don't know as I'm certain it was shut when we set off) glad he bothered though!

I drove down the local duel carriageway coming up behind a new van pulled by a new Volvo XC90 travelling at about the limit when I noticed his front roof light was open. Pulling alongside on my own in the car I tried to attract their attention with the horn and when he looked I pointed upwards to the roof and towards his van, seeing him not understanding I pointed up again and lifted the sunroof of the car up and down several time, his response was hit the pedal to the metal and at 70mph I let him go. I wonder if he managed to get home with it intact ?

Archived