Unicorn Alarm

Just returned from 16 days away both sites i visited had other unicorns on site at some point during my stay, in short when other Unicorns present my and other Unicorn alarms activated for no apparrent reason, this did not happen when no other Unicorns present, is this a built in warning device fitted by Bailey ''other unicorns on site'' lol, seriously has anyone else had this problem, i spoke to at least 5 other Unicorn owners while away all expeirenced the problem on other sites.

We have'nt been to a site this year without seeing at least one other Unicorn, but had no alarm issues so far. But when in storage we are parked one up from new Verona and when ever I collect or return our van to storage their alarm activates, think it must be too sensitive, never seen the owner to tell them !!

We go to BOCC rallies and are unable to use our alarm on the rally field, as it sets off others. This seems to be the same for many Unicorns. One chap said he was having the alarm people out to look at his, but has found out that there are only 16 different combinations. Over to Bailey!

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem earlier this year at Hunters Moon site. I was parked a couple of vans away from a Unicorn Valencia, and we were setting each others alarms off. When it left the site my alarm was OK. Not had a problem for over 3 months. I am now on Blackmore CC site I can't see any Unicorns around me although I have 2 Pegasus vans opposite me. My alarm has gone off twice this week. All the windows were closed. I will be on to my dealer and Tracker tomorrow. If I could get rid of the PIR and just set the Tracker then I would, but for the insurance to be valid I need to meet the conditions of the insurance.

JGC

We were on a CC site in August and the Warden asked us not to set our alarm as it had been going off during the day whilst we were out.

There were several other Unicorns on site.

At the time we assumed it was a spider/fly or similar getting in front of the sensor, but now I wonder if it was to do with the other Unicorns.

Bob

Similar situation with our Unicorn. .. on two different sites this summer, we came back after a day out and neighbours told us our alarm had gone off. I assumed a fly had set off the PIR but after two events, I stopped putting on the alarm as I didn't want to upset the neighbours. Bit of an issue if my van gets nicked though and the insurers make a thing of it.

Spoke to Bailey and tracker both said they would sort it out for me, apparrantly it is all to do with the last number/letter of your tracker code, if it matches other vans nearby when you set your alarm the pir in the offending van will set of your alarm and vise versa. I have proved this recently on a rally, while the occupants of a van affecting my unit were sitting outside i could set my alarm as soon as they went in their van my alarm went off.

l am about to take ownership of a new Bailey Unicorn Madrid due to be built 17th of October, hopefully have the van by the 27th if everything goes to plan. Am l being optimistic to think that Bailey and Tracker will have this problem sorted out by the time l take purchase after all they are aware of the problem.

NigelH

l am about to take ownership of a new Bailey Unicorn Madrid due to be built 17th of October, hopefully have the van by the 27th if everything goes to plan. Am l being optimistic to think that Bailey and Tracker will have this problem sorted out by the time l take purchase after all they are aware of the problem.

NigelH

I don't think so, I have been talking to Tracker at length this morning, and they only have 16 codings. They may increase this in the future but no one said they would be doing so shortly.

If your caravan interferes with say a neighbours or someones van in storage near yours, Tracker will come out and change your code. However it is still only one of 16 so when away on site your back to the 16 to 1 chance.

You can remove the batteries from the PIR and someone else's van can still set yours off, I know because I have done it.

You can pull the fuse on the fuse panel or isolate the siren by pulling the multi connector apart, this will leave the Tracker set but the alarm will be isolated. The problem with this is you don't get the confirmation bleep to say you have set Tracker.

Finally so long as your leisure battery is in good shape and Trackers batteries are charged Tracker can still track your outfit even if the alarm was not set.

JGC

Edited by JGC

It is simpler than that get the affending van to cover their p. i. r when they are in the van,that way their p. i. r will not set off your alarm if u set it and go out. Likewise if you are in cover your p. i. r when in the van and you will not set off other alarms.

DON'T FORGET TO UNCOVER YOUR P. I. R WHEN YOU GO OUT.

What a perfomance JGC, at the moment l have a Lunar Clubman SE 2010 with Phantom tracker never had a problem with it on site, only problem battery discharging and Phantom calling me all hours of the day to say l have battery power down, think l found the fault with that a loose connection on the battery.

NigelH

Edited by Nidge4