Am I Just Grumpy....

JTcamer

Hello fellow caravanners,

We have just come back from Wild Rose Park in Appleby in Cumbria, we were there for a couple of nights. Last night there was a caravan 2 doors down from us at 11pm they were sat in the awning drinking and shouting and laughing loudly I phoned the warden, he said he would come and sort them out. At 0150 I phoned and 24hr warden again this time the call went to voice mail and gain nothing was done, it was after 2am until they were quiet.

I have been like a bear with a sore head all day through the lack of sleep, Mrs T thinks I am just grumpy but surely partying in a awning until 2am is not right is it.

If it was you on super pitch 4 and 5 thanks for the ruined weekend.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe a letter to the site warden would be in order to express your concerns, and the probability that you will not return as a result.

BTW - I suggest you're not grumpy - just tired.

No, you are not grumpy,,,,,,,they were totally inconsiderate.

I thought al sites had a No Noise rule after 11pm,,,,,,,,,,

I would have wanted a refund for the warden failing to do his job.

Completely unacceptable in my book. At the end of the day we all need to get on and that means compromise. 11pm is sufficiently late as a good cut off for all conerned to move indoors and be quiet and respectful of others.

Unfortunately until people in sufficient numbers complain and get inconsiderate clowns like this sorted it will carry on. We have seen it too many times, people moan about noise but won't complain to the wardens.

Thus is a sign of the times I'm afraid - lack of consideration of others.

Personally, I thing people should be able to sit outside till 2am and have a drink if they want to. But they should be more considirate and keep the noise down.

The same applies to people who wake up at 6am and make a noise going out of the site. Time is not the issue. It is the noise.

If people are outside their van at 4am and are quite i think it is okay. But if they are outside at 11pm and are very noisy then it is not okay.

I think I will get murdered for my opinion. But if I am on holiday in my van I don't want people telling me to go to bed because they want to sleep.

Personally, I thing people should be able to sit outside till 2am and have a drink if they want to. But they should be more considirate and keep the noise down.

The same applies to people who wake up at 6am and make a noise going out of the site. Time is not the issue. It is the noise.

If people are outside their van at 4am and are quite i think it is okay. But if they are outside at 11pm and are very noisy then it is not okay.

I think I will get murdered for my opinion. But if I am on holiday in my van I don't want people telling me to go to bed because they want to sleep.

I agree 100 % it's the noise, not the times. And no I won't murder you ! :P

i agree, i don't mind anyone enjoying themselves what ever the time, as long as they are doing it responsably and not making a noise about it

the greatest benefit for the greatest number

Not grumpy at all, I'm all for having a few beers and a laugh when we are with friends, but you also need to be considerate towards your neighbers who may want to go to bed earlier, and some weekends we are the ones in bed earlier after a hard week at work. Just one of the reasons why we tend to use CL's over commercial sites.

Sam

No one has said everyone should be in bed by 11pm,,,,,,,,its noise which should not be an issue.

Trouble is, the more alchohol consumed, the louder the conversations get, its just the way it is.(and quite often the more garbled the speech becomes)

I guess the only way to monitor the likelyhood of more noise is to try saying:

I'm not a Pheasant Plucker, i'm a Pheasant Pluckers son, i'm only plucking pheasants till the Pheasant Pluckers come

If you cannot say that without swearing, your drunk and should go to bed!!!!! :D

Not grumpy at all, I'm all for having a few beers and a laugh when we are with friends, but you also need to be considerate towards your neighbers who may want to go to bed earlier, and some weekends we are the ones in bed earlier after a hard week at work. Just one of the reasons why we tend to use CL's over commercial sites.

Sam

I agree but have to say CL's are becoming more and more popular for groups of vanners behaving in this way. Often 3-4 vans book together on them and carry on partying into the night with us being the only one not in the party and having to suffer to disturbance. We tend to use CL's as we don't really like large commercial car-parky sites, but even these are changing (for the worse!)

I'm not a Pheasant Plucker, i'm a Pheasant Pluckers son, i'm only plucking pheasants till the Pheasant Pluckers come

If you cannot say that without swearing, your drunk and should go to bed!!!!! :D

Can't say it without swearing when I'm sober let alone had a few - what hope have I got!!! :D

I agree but have to say CL's are becoming more and more popular for groups of vanners behaving in this way. Often 3-4 vans book together on them and carry on partying into the night with us being the only one not in the party and having to suffer to disturbance. We tend to use CL's as we don't really like large commercial car-parky sites, but even these are changing (for the worse!)

Can't say we've come across inconsiderate groups on CL's as yet - maybe we've just been lucky.

Reevsie you are spot on but not many people these days bother to or think they should think about the effects of their behaviour has on others. It's me me me I've paid therefore I can.

I hate that sort of thing. I admit to being a bit loud myself at times after a few drinks with friends but don't imagine we would carry on after 11pm in an awning. Once it had got to 11. 30 I would have got out of bed and asked them nicely to pipe down. I also hate other peoples music.

I was on a beach in Crete about 5 years ago. A group of 4 (2 couples) had a ghetto blaster playing over loud. After half an hour they went off for a bite or a drink. I took a plastic bag and cut several little plastic triangles from it. I walked over to where they had left their stuff, took the batterries out of their player and reinserted them with plastic between the contacts. The people nearby were a mixture of locals and various nationalities and they watched me with interest. When I finished I put my finger across my lips and said 'shhh'. Those about gave me an appreciative clap. When the couples returned they were dismayed to find that their music wouldn't work. :D

I agree, I think some people are just noisy. This morning they were overly loud and shouting. The thing that amazed me was they had small children, how they managed to sleep through I have no idea.

Some people have no respect for other people.

I have been on sites where some people are up at 7. 30am, even whistling as they walk passed my van as they take their dogs for a walk,some even shouting on their dog as they have let it off the lead, I like a nice long lie in when I'm away in the van (well at least till 9am). .but when that happens I'm usually grumpy too especially if I have been sitting up drinking in the awning till 1am lol )

I have been on sites where some people are up at 7. 30am, even whistling as they walk passed my van as they take their dogs for a walk,some even shouting on their dog as they have let it off the lead, I like a nice long lie in when I'm away in the van (well at least till 9am). .but when that happens I'm usually grumpy too especially if I have been sitting up drinking in the awning till 1am lol )

Shows how we all vary. If I didn't wake up till 9am I would be grumpy at having missed the morning - no matter what time I went to bed. As for a lie in. I hate them. :P

lmao it is the same thing, maybe we could have a rule, no noise between 11pm to 11am that should suit all!

Yes we are all different. I often stay up late but hate to be late up. At home I am considerate. During the Summer, in the week if I want to cut the grass or hedges and shrubs I wait until 8am. At the weekend 9am or maybe 9. 30 on a Sunday.

I also run a small social group - mainly singles. We are aged 50 to 70(ish) - mainly around 60. We have various activities. At least once a month we have a walk and probably a further day trip. For the walks, on a Sunday, I would prefer to reach the start point for 10am. As a compromise I normally choose a start time of 11am. I am sure some would prefer 12am as there may well be half hour travel.

my website, just for interest is http://friendsnearby. web. officelive. com We don't use the site often and so it is a little out of date, members receive info and diary etc by e-mail. I am not posting this to find members but purely as interest.

While away last year on a non club site I heard this music coming from across the site, It got to about midnight and the music was still going on. We went to bed, got off to sleep and then I could hear people talking away in conversation style with no softness in their voices. whatsoever, Looked at the clock 3,25 am, Got out of bed told the wife I was off to sought this out. Once outside the van it sounded like it was from the van next door to ours, Went around to the front of the van all agitated up and then I heard the noise coming from nearer to my van. Followed the noise only to find out that previously in the day I had been working on a problem with the towing electrics and I had to have the ignition turned on to follow the fault, OH had called me in for dinner, Started to watch a film on the TV and then off to bed. I had had the radio on and as time had got later the louder the noise seemed to get, I think that was the day my wife first called me a silly old fool, And there has been no living that night down since.

Archived