Santa Fe 2011 Towbar Fitment

Turbowayne

Just had a quick look at the rear underside of the Santa Fe etc. It looks very tight, even impossible in fact to have room with the full size spare wheel in place to have room for the towbar ???

The Witter type instructions say nothing about this only that it does fit ok ???

Does anyone with the new facelift Santa Fe please with a towbar fitted could advise, pics etc would be really great,

also it states no bumper removal and no cutout. Is that correct ???

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

I have the 2011 with the witter towbar fitted by the dealer. Spare wheel is still there!

Which type did you opt for ??? fixed, detachable flange, or swan neck type ???

Any preference on usage ???

An pics etc ???

Edited by Turbowayne

just had the witter detachable was a bit surprised when got the car back as the housing were the towball is inserted is on view below the bumper and the towball pushes in horizontally. I thought it would all be hidden under the back of the car at least I wont have to kneel down to insert the towball.

We have the new Santa Fe Premium 2. 2 CRDi 7 seat manual, we had a Witter removeable tow bar fitted by Hyundai

wheel is still under rear, no bumper cutting was needed, warranty still inplace

We have the new Santa Fe Premium 2. 2 CRDi 7 seat manual, we had a Witter removeable tow bar fitted by Hyundai

wheel is still under rear, no bumper cutting was needed, warranty still inplace

Gr8 that all sounds ok then. I am slightly concerned however that the witter listing says from Sept 2011 that the towbar is in development ???

Surely there is no difference is there ???

http://www. witter-towbars. co. uk/towbars/selectVehicle. php

if you put in a 61 plate, i. e Sept 2011 it shows in development I believe ???

Hyundai Santa Fe | Apr 2006-Aug 2011

Santa Fe (CM)

Hyundai Santa Fe | Sept 2011-

Santa Fe (CM) facelift

Hmmmmmmm hope this is not true !!! why from Sept 2011 would it be different. Anyone shed light on this

:(:(:(

• 2 months later...

Witter website now shows 2012 model Towbars listings:

http://www. witter-towbars. co. uk/towbars/towbars. php?make=Hyundai-towbars&id=7878

however they have gone up by about £70 on previous ???

The problem is I am told by PJones that sell loads of these bars that it is the identical bar as the 2010 one

& they are in fact the same numbers ???

Anyone shed any light ???

Seems strange PJones advertise a 2011 >>>> on towbar for the Santa fe which seems to contradict what they said . Dave

Gets even stranger !!! Witter have just told me that the bars are identical and that a new bar will be out end of Jan for the 2012 model not involving a bumper cut. However on the Witter website the existing bars listed for the 2012 that are the same bars as before are approx £50 more that the listing up to late 2011 ??? what

• 4 weeks later...