New Van Ordered!

camps

Well we have just returned from the dealer(Stowford Meadows) we bought our current and only van from and have agreed on a p/x on a factory fresh 2011 Unicorn Valencia. Pick it up in 3 weeks time and have opted for a mover to be fitted as well. I have never seen the other half so excited, and as we caravan all year we will be able to test out the Alde heating! Roll on October :)

Congratulations!!

I must admit that I first thought the Unicorns were ugly compared to the previous Senator but having seen so many this year and seen inside a few as well they are really starting to grow on me! There are still little niggles that I would miss such as an exterior wet locker with aerial and sat connection so no cable through the window!! I don't know why Bailey don't provide this.

Other than that I have spoken to a lot of owners who seem very pleased with the vans.

Ian

congratulations, there is nothing as exciting as picking up a new van, i hope your dealer is providing a couple of nights complimentary to test it out

Tony G

Kia Sorrento 2. 5 CDi 59 plate Towing 2011 Swift Conqueror 645

Congrats on your very wise choice camps, We feel buying our Valencia (2000+ miles - 40 nights old now) was thee best thing we have done, I am sure you will love yours too. Don't forget to get tyron bands fitted, wheels balanced and wheel bolts are now the new type. We are out in ours in 11/2 weeks time when we go to the Lakes via North Yorkshire and SWMBO will have the Alde cranked up to semi - tropical level, we can't wait either :) :) :) :) let us know how you get on with it.

Brilliant.

We are delighted with ours and the Alde heating is fantastic.

We have done 45 nights in ours and although there are a few faults, there is nothing major and we are looking forward to our winter caravanning.

Dave

Yep hopefully pick ours up last week of October straight off the Sandringham CC on the 28th, got Aldi in our present van Clubman SE wouldnt be without it hence the move for the Madrid, like above the Unicorns have grown on me as well. Thought about the Coachman and the Swifts but more l looked at the front big window thought l would rather have more locker space,could also be another source of water ingress.

NigelH

Congrats. . We have had our valencia since last october, no major issues, dealer has been excellent in fixing any niggles, we have had 2 other makes of vans,and I have to say the valencia is the bees knees, especially the Alde heating system and level of comfort. So much space in the van. ...Enjoy, it is a real all year round van.

Mick

Thanks everyone for all your positive comments, we do have a couple of nights at the Stowford Meadow site to get the run down on the van and to swap all our stuff across! We were lucky with our Vendee as we have not had any problems, what sort of niggles do we need to look out for? ;)

Hi - had our Valencia for a month now - very pleased, though a few teething issues to watch out for

1. missing heiki catch ( using a clothes peg at the moment )
  2. Cooker knobs changed - this is a common issue in that the gas rings wont stay alight
  3. Water heater switch replaced
  4. Check the entrance to the shower, left hand side - This is a metal retaining strip, ours had lots of scratch marks
  5. Clock stopped working

All in all dont let this put you off, great van and once youve mastered the Alde heating youll never go back to blown air

Valencia Niggles, all fixed / replaced parts by my dealer.

Microwave screws undo themselves.

No sealant on bathroom sink to back panel./Resealed

Pull out draw below main sink, runners corroded./Replaced

Jvc Speaker packed up. / Replaced

Middle front blind frame inside van, came away from van, screws pulled out/ repaired

Orange running side light u/s, / Replaced

Gap between shower panel and side of van/ dealer repaired.

All in all I am still chuffed with this lovely van.

Mick. .

Collected our Barcelona on Good Friday, and was imediatly impressed as it had a few modifications from the display model we based our order on. Different (Superior) catches on doors over kitchen, modified panel work at end of bed/fridge area so as our fridge door opens beyond 90 degrees Was and am still impressed every time we open the door! Love the upholstrey (Purple) and love that we opted to do away with front drawer unit as it gives us a super kingsized bed! (We have the unit as well though). Don't forsee us ever changing it!

Good luck and health to enjoy!

Thanks everyone for all your positive comments, we do have a couple of nights at the Stowford Meadow site to get the run down on the van and to swap all our stuff across! We were lucky with our Vendee as we have not had any problems, what sort of niggles do we need to look out for? ;)

Its a very long list of potential problems, many people have had faults, i haven't.

All i can suggest is, you both have a very long inspection, even then we only noticed things like warped wardrobe doors after a few trips out, maybe originally they weren't warped.

Crucially you need to check for any body damage or scratched worktops, as all the rest can be easily be replaced.

some one mentioned a sat cable fitted inside a wet locker, well you have four wet lockers with the Valencia, all with easy access to the inside.

I have to say the external storage is the best i have ever had with a caravan, i haven't missed the single front locker at all.

If you don't use the inboard tank, then that gives you five to chose from, all are fitted with plastic trays.

Edited by xtrailman

some one mentioned a sat cable fitted inside a wet locker, well you have four wet lockers with the Valencia, all with easy access to the inside.

I mentioned that fact, there may be 4 wet lockers but are any fitted with a cut out for the cable to get out from the locker without needing to leave the door open??

I'm interested because I will be looking very seriously at the new Unicorn Pamplona once at dealers and this is a big selling point for me. A friend has had an exterior point fitted by a dealer but IMO it looks hideous as the van is cream and the outside aerial point fitted by the dealer is white! I would much rather have it concealed in a locker.

Ian

I mentioned that fact, there may be 4 wet lockers but are any fitted with a cut out for the cable to get out from the locker without needing to leave the door open??

I'm interested because I will be looking very seriously at the new Unicorn Pamplona once at dealers and this is a big selling point for me. A friend has had an exterior point fitted by a dealer but IMO it looks hideous as the van is cream and the outside aerial point fitted by the dealer is white! I would much rather have it concealed in a locker.

Ian

One option is the front locker floor vent, Also i'm pretty sure the others all have a drain hole in the plastic tray.

With my last caravan i used the external 240 volt socket box to pass a coax through, just drilled a 20mm hole in the top.

There is a route along side the door sill for cables inside, with the Valencia the mains cable and others pass through one side, the ALDE heating the other, so you are spoilt for choice really.

I do run a cable for two cameras from a side locker to a 12N plug, just by passing it through the door, door closes ok and seals against rain. but the cable is smaller than a coax. But its information worth knowing.

Edited by xtrailman

Reading all your comments makes me confident that buying a Unicorn Valencia is a good way to go even though I am new to caravanning but have lots of friends and family with them. ... any idea what a good price would be for a 2011 model!?!/

Regards

paul

Try Raymond James caravans . £16,700 Last year for my valencia, included tyron bands, gas hose connector, 13 pin splitter.

Mick

I hope you get your van on time Camps! We ordered ours form the dealer whilst they were on the summer shutdown mid August. It was supposed to be with them on Monday but its now going to be next week. I don't want them to hurry the PDI in case they miss something, so it could be a week and a bit after that. Not much time before the Half term trip. I've bitten the bullet and bought an Isablella magnum, hoping it lasts as long as I want the van to!

Shingle