Best Tripod And Dish

den123

I bought a Multimo Sat dish from Road Pro. The main reason being that we have no plans to go abroad at the moment and so I wanted something fairly small as storage space is limited. I haven't used it a great deal as we usually have freeview signal but on the few times I have used it, it's been great!

If South East roughly is in front of the van then I mount it to the jockey wheel tube without needing a tripod. If it's anywhere else then I use a small tripod.

Ian

Not claiming ours is the "best" because we have not tried many to know all the alternatives but it sure works well, is light, compact and practical. .

http://shop. satelliteonline. co. uk/fast-finder-portable-satellite-dish-kit-330-p. asp

Hi

For reception within the UK, pretty much anything will do. An old dustbin lid could be modified! (Really it can!)

For overseas though, better kit is generally needed.

If I was buying a freestanding set up for the UK only, I would go down the Multimo route.

For overseas, I would shop around but get at least a 90 cm dish.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Hi

For overseas, I would shop around but get at least a 90 cm dish.

Russell

I have found for France our 54 cm works fine even in the Pyrenees. I suspect it does depend on the quality of the decoder and LNB though.

Hoist into your thinking that a 90 cm dish represents 2. 75 times the area to have to live with storing and transporting it about but it will extend your viable range from the UK.

I have both an 80cm transparent Offset dish and a 57cm "Arcon Multi" Prime focus dish (like a Multimo).

Yesterday, out of pure academic interest I set them both up in the garden and connected them each in turn

to my Humax Foxsat HDR.

The results were as follows:-

80cm Offset dish. Signal strength 100%. Signal quality 90%

57cm Prime focus (alluminium) dish. Signal strength 100%. Signal quality 100%

Needless to say, the Arcon multi is the one I take in the caravan.

Vin Blanc

Edited by Vin Blanc

• 3 weeks later...

Hi we have the maxview 66cm dish and heavy duty tripod. excellent bit of kit

e-66cm-dish-kit.jpg

i'll second that best kit you can buy takes minutes to set up as well

I bought a Multimo Sat dish from Road Pro. The main reason being that we have no plans to go abroad at the moment and so I wanted something fairly small as storage space is limited. I haven't used it a great deal as we usually have freeview signal but on the few times I have used it, it's been great!

If South East roughly is in front of the van then I mount it to the jockey wheel tube without needing a tripod. If it's anywhere else then I use a small tripod.

Ian

and i just happen to have ours up for grabs in the 'For Sale' section :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Hi we have the maxview 66cm dish and heavy duty tripod. excellent bit of kit

e-66cm-dish-kit.jpg

Same as mine.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

im new where is the for sale section ??

Take the escalator down to the bargain basement Madam!

• 2 weeks later...

If you are heading to the north of Scotland or the south of France, the best bet might be a Triax TD88cm steel dish, whose arm folds up for easy storage. This dish is large enough to pick up ALL the Sky channels when you travel a little way outside the main "footprint" area.