Raskelf Duvalays

Hi All

I know a number of you already use and love the Raskelf Duvalay sleep system, we had been deliberating for ages because, let's face it, they aren't cheap!

We finally decided a few weeks ago to buy 2 of the 2. 5cm thick ones and 2 storage bags. Total price £246 including the £20 postage to Northern Ireland (mainland is £8. 99).

We decided on the 2. 5cm version against the 4cm purely on storage size - our van is very small and limited storage.

Well, we used them for the first time last night and I had the best nights sleep I have had in ages - 11hrs solid! The 2. 5cm is just enough to take out all the lumps and joins in the bed and the summer 4. 5tog duvet was so warm, even with the windows ajar (it's cold and wet here!).

It's one of those rare products that is worth way more than the actual sum of it's parts, a fab buy and worth every penny :-)

For anyone deliberating like us - believe the other posters and just order some!

Jus

Hi All

I know a number of you already use and love the Raskelf Duvalay sleep system, we had been deliberating for ages because, let's face it, they aren't cheap!

We finally decided a few weeks ago to buy 2 of the 2. 5cm thick ones and 2 storage bags. Total price £246 including the £20 postage to Northern Ireland (mainland is £8. 99).

We decided on the 2. 5cm version against the 4cm purely on storage size - our van is very small and limited storage.

Well, we used them for the first time last night and I had the best nights sleep I have had in ages - 11hrs solid! The 2. 5cm is just enough to take out all the lumps and joins in the bed and the summer 4. 5tog duvet was so warm, even with the windows ajar (it's cold and wet here!).

It's one of those rare products that is worth way more than the actual sum of it's parts, a fab buy and worth every penny :-)

For anyone deliberating like us - believe the other posters and just order some!

Jus

Totally agree Justin . Certainly one of the best purchases we have made.

Jt

Coachman Pastiche

We've been using them since 2006, one of our best buys ever. Did a deal at the Peterborough Motorhome Show which gets you a few quid off and no delivery costs. We use them on the 6ft 3ins long single benches on our Troll and to save storage space etc we've taken to leaving them out ready for use, but cover them during the day with a throw each side.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

We have had ours for a few years now and really like them.

If you keep an eye on their advertisements they do 20% discounts I think twice a year.

Bill

Another one to agree! I used mine for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Yes it's brilliant. I also just leave it during the day on the single bench seat with a plaid blanket over it. ......................But removal and replacement for washing is a chore.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking of purchasing these due to moving from a fixed bed model to a side dinette Bailey Madrid, are they really has good has they say, don't do sleeping bags as they are too constrictive. Discover leisure has them at £99 99 looks a good price seen most others at £119 or their abouts is their difference.

NigelH

We love them, I have the 10tog the Lioness has the standard rating

Yes it is easy on the back at 2. 5cm, they told me that they don't do

them any thicker because of the storage problem.

Faults? the dark blue faded rapidly in the light despite being rolled

and stored in the bedroom tent in the awning.

Plusses? the memory foam is a superior standard and is firm and

supportive (a bit like the Lioness) I have two steel rods in my back

and found it so good I now have the thicker topper on my bed at home

I had a couple look at the Duvalays and admire them they decided they

were beyond their budget. The following year they sought us out and

showed us their version made from a double (king sized) duvet cover each

they bought the "Gold" mattresses and single bed duvets. The duvet cover

was machined top to bottom allowing a good fit for the foam and the duvet

Much cheaper, the end result was in my opinion superior although it lacked the zips

Edited by gumdrop

If we hadn't bought the Raskelfs we probably wouldn't be caravanning now! HiD has a dodgy back but the rakelfs saved the day.

Since then I invested in one too, we also have a memory foam topper on our bed at home.

Tip for re-assembly after washing: do it at home not in the van!

• 4 weeks later...

If you keep an eye on their advertisements they do 20% discounts I think twice a year.

Raskelf's 20% off offer is currently running. Changes weekly throughout November. Last week it was mattress toppers. This week it is Duvalays & memory foam pillows.

Just ordered a Duvalay :)

Edited by RobOwen

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the best 2. 5cmm or 4cmm we have decide on the summer ones we have Aldi in the Madrid and it keeps it at steady temp, have missed the 20 per cent sale so will have to grit the teeth and pay the asking price. Just waiting to see if the thicker ones are the best to have.

NigelH

We bought the 25mm with the 10. 5 tog duvet a few weeks ago. The only problem is getting out of them in the morning! Our bed at home has a 50mm memory foam topper and I don't detect any difference worth talking about. The price put us off for years but they are one of the best buys that we have made. :)