Cornwall, Looe

bowman

Looe Caravan Club Site

We have just returned from 2 weeks at Looe CC. It is a wonderful site. Facilities included a heated swimming-pool, tennis court, crazy golf and children's playground. Very peaceful site with plenty of showers etc. The grass pitches need plenty of levelling blocks as the pitches slope front-to-back and side-to-side. Wardens are very helpful and we will be returning next year. Must visits are Eden,Heligan,Mevagissey,Polperro, Looe Valley Line and a bit further afield Bodmin steam railway and Morwellham Quay.

done a week there over the august bank holiday when all 200+ pitches were filled,very cramped on the grass pitches and we just had a few down pours so ground was soggy. hard stands were fine, lucky i never managed to get fully servcied which was my first request as when I saw there location next to the playground & football court I was horrified,there was about 100 kids in the play ground from 7am to 10pm, the football court was always full also when I was there. thought it was a nice site, good pool & I played tennis twice a day with my lad so I think the £225 fee for a week was justified. The single track roads that you need to shoot down to get to Morrisons can be quite hairy, when I left on 3rd september it was deserted, could not beleive it was the same site. spooky

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

done a week there over the august bank holiday when all 200+ pitches were filled,very cramped on the grass pitches and we just had a few down pours so ground was soggy. hard stands were fine, lucky i never managed to get fully servcied which was my first request as when I saw there location next to the playground & football court I was horrified,there was about 100 kids in the play ground from 7am to 10pm, the football court was always full also when I was there. thought it was a nice site, good pool & I played tennis twice a day with my lad so I think the £225 fee for a week was justified. The single track roads that you need to shoot down to get to Morrisons can be quite hairy, when I left on 3rd september it was deserted, could not beleive it was the same site. spooky

Try Westwaylands on th A387 Looe to Polperro rd next time quite,clean and cheap no club go every year . How do you rate the Insigna for Towing ?