My Water Pump Has A Mind Of It's Own!

stevenandkay

Hi folks, more of an annoyance than a problem as such but our submersable pump sparks into life for no reason! Water comes from the taps ok and has decent pressure. But then randomly the pump will run for a few secounds then stop, it does this at all hours of the day and night! Caravan is a 2005 Lunar Spirit not sure of the brand on the pump but it's dark and I'm not going out to check! Thanks for your help.

If you have a pump switch I would turn it off at night and when you leave the van for a long period.

If it is a pressured system you need to adjust the pressure switch.

It can be caused by a leaky one way valve just before the switch and that is why it starts up.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

If you have a pump switch I would turn it off at night and when you leave the van for a long period.

If it is a pressured system you need to adjust the pressure switch.

It can be caused by a leaky one way valve just before the switch and that is why it starts up.

Agree with Lefthand Down. ... Adjust the pressure switch. ... I lost a pump because the pressure switch wasn't set right. .. ended with the pump running all the time. ...

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

Instructions;

http://www. whalepumps. com/documents/pressure_inst. pdf

If you fit one of these, you won't need to faff with it ever again. Protects against empty water container pump running forever syndrome.

http://www. midservicecentre. co. uk/documents/InstallationPressureswitchtabs. pdf

I've had exactly this problem for the past few outings.

Finally traced it to a leaky one way valve between water inlet and pressure valve.

It was letting water return to the Aquaroll, de-pressurising the system, casuing the pump to cut back in.

Bought a new valve off ebay, this one, in fact:

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/270765487823?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984. m1439. l2649

If this is happening frequently I would follow the advice of others and look for a leak or a faulty non return valve.

If this happens just once or twice per day I wouldn't worry about it. The water in the pipes may well change pressure as temperatures change and the pump is topping up the pressure.

Regards,

Steve

I had this problem when I first bought the van. ....got the info from this forum to

buy a tube of SILICONE grease and keep the O ring lubricated to stop leaks.

Never had a problem since. Mine's the type that plugs in to a socket at the side of the van.

I have this problem occasionally, and usually trace it to the tap on the kitchen sink not quite tight off, looking in the empty sink shows it has dripped.

It's the modern ceramic ball mixer type. Turning the tap on and then tightly off normally cures the problem.

Archived